• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joe White in on loan

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Light years away. The lad Elliot Anderson who was at the Gas last year was far advanced in his development than Joe is
Which is why Elliott Anderson is in the first team squad at St James's Park now.

fred binneys head

I’d like to see a bit more pace in his first 5 yards, he’d be some player then. Not sure how he’s gonna get it though.

manc grecian

I’d like to see a bit more pace in his first 5 yards, he’d be some player then. Not sure how he’s gonna get it though.
Yep. Doesn't have the speed to compensate for his lack of strength. Lovely balance when the game is wide open but football is rarely like it.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep. Doesn't have the speed to compensate for his lack of strength. Lovely balance when the game is wide open but football is rarely like it.
Very true. I do like his body positioning on the ball though. Can go either way at the drop of a hat. Couldn't fight his way out of a crisp packet though, sadly.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be generous that article says he missed pre-season. That's going to have affected his development this season. I well remember how Heorge Friend bulked up massively over the summer between getting promoted from the Conference to League Two. If White can get a good pre-season in this summer he might find that extra yard.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which is why Elliott Anderson is in the first team squad at St James's Park now.
Both players are 20. Anderson had a massive impact whilst at Bristol Rovers whilst White's impact with us has been rather less than massive. He wont be joining Anderson in the Newcastle squad next season. Will White develop the power, athleticism and strength often needed to be a player at the top level? Can't see it myself

C j phill

I can't I imagine him being ready for the Championship next season, perhaps another period with us, going through pre season, might be the best way for Newcastle to continue his development.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't I imagine him being ready for the Championship next season, perhaps another period with us, going through pre season, might be the best way for Newcastle to continue his development.
He's a long way off Championship quality, I'm not even sure I'd have him with us next season.

I can see him being loaned to a league 2 side next season. If he ends up with a permanent move above league 1 in the coming years I'll be gobsmacked.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a long way off Championship quality, I'm not even sure I'd have him with us next season.

I can see him being loaned to a league 2 side next season. If he ends up with a permanent move above league 1 in the coming years I'll be gobsmacked.
As Zhou Enlai is alleged to have said about the French Revolution (but maybe the 1968 Paris riots, whatever), "it's too early to tell"

He's only 20, inexperienced and still needs to muscle up. But the potential is clearly there, we saw a few more flashes on Saturday. Players often take some time to make it - Jamie Vardy was playing non-league until his mid 20s.

Colesman Ballz

As Zhou Enlai is alleged to have said about the French Revolution (but maybe the 1968 Paris riots, whatever), "it's too early to tell"

He's only 20, inexperienced and still needs to muscle up. But the potential is clearly there, we saw a few more flashes on Saturday. Players often take some time to make it - Jamie Vardy was playing non-league until his mid 20s.
Blimey ! Drawing parallels like that you must be Eric Cantona and I claim my cinq francs ! :)