• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jimmy Oates

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good of him to come back again.
He's our player.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Taylor does want to ultimately play a 3-5-2 (especially away from home) this may give Oates more of an opportunity to play as he is probably more suited as a RCB in a three as opposed to a RB and certainly a Right Wing Back.
I agree, that is where I see him playing, he looks like a strong athletic lad so I'm hopeful he can do a job for us.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Taylor does want to ultimately play a 3-5-2 (especially away from home) this may give Oates more of an opportunity to play as he is probably more suited as a RCB in a three as opposed to a RB and certainly a Right Wing Back.
That was my take too. But it suggests MT still isn't enamoured with Aaron Martin. To coin a phrase, We Miss Moxey ;)

fred binneys head

That was my take too. But it suggests MT still isn't enamoured with Aaron Martin. To coin a phrase, We Miss Moxey ;)
Aaron Martin is a funny one, I saw a few games at the start of the season and thought he was great (my MOM away at Morecambe) but at Northampton and Lincoln I saw signs of weakness that I hadn't seen before. In KMT I trust.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Martin has lost a bit of confidence which is understandable, at the start of the season he was cool and calm, he isn't quite the same at the moment.

fred binneys head

I think Martin has lost a bit of confidence which is understandable, at the start of the season he was cool and calm, he isn't quite the same at the moment.
I agree, there's definitely a good player in there, hope he doesn't go the way of Croll.

IndoMike

He's our player.
I thought he was on loan. OK - my error...