• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Cowshed Grecian

How many times... what if Jevani has told the club he intends to plead guilty?! If that's happened, which is not inconceivable, they can hardly play him on the presumption of innocent until proven guilty. Why is this so hard to grasp?!
I don’t think you grasp it do you. He’s still working…I.E Training. It’s the clubs decision not to play him in a match, what’s the difference?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know nothing about the case, and I would like to see Jev playing for us, but we are all forgetting that there is another party to this as well as the accused, no compassion appears to have been shown on these boards to HER!

As we know in this day and age people are all too quick to whip out their phones and film/photograph misdemeanors at every opportunity, as we have witnessed with the earlier incident this year. I am surmising that there probably is some of these even if it's photos of the victim (which Jev isn't) and these have been suppressed pending the case, or that's what I would like to think has happened. Until the case I am relaxed over his non selection, as a lot of people have said he'll be gone in the summer

What is ludicrous are the continual delays that are being experienced in prosecuting the case. Hopefully it will be put to bed on the 23rd one way or another. If the club continue his non selection then it's only two matches, and we will get to know the full story and what the victim did to provoke his wrath if anything.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Posters need to be careful of their language please!

wiveygrecian

I don’t think you grasp it do you. He’s still working…I.E Training. It’s the clubs decision not to play him in a match, what’s the difference?
Your right Egg doesn’t grasp it ! If he had have told them I’m going to plead guilty he wouldn’t be training let alone playing . Well said Cowshed !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh come on egg, that really is pushing the bounds of reality. The counter is what if he has told them he is intending to plead innocent? The fact remains that he has not yet made a plea in court where it counts.
Why is that 'pushing the bounds of reality'? I don't pretend to know what's going on, but I know a bit about the court process and I'd say it's entirely conceivable.

FWIW, I'd say it's altogether less likely that someone in Jevani's position would plead innocent because that would mean the case wouldn't be dealt with by the magistrates court and mightn't even be heard this year. Moreover, if that was on the cards, I'd imagine the club might have chosen a different course of action.

The circumstances are such that, I'd suggest a guilty plea is far more likely than an innocent one, though all these adjournments make me wonder if Jevani's legal team are seeking to get the case thrown out.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's going in a couple of months regardless. We're not getting in the playoffs and I'm (almost) comfortable saying we won't go down.

Let's crack on with the current squad and prepare for next season's play off push.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your right Egg doesn’t grasp it ! If he had have told them I’m going to plead guilty he wouldn’t be training let alone playing . Well said Cowshed !
You don't seem to realise that something as simple as swearing at someone could result in the charge that's been levelled at Jevani – battery doesn't necessarily involve a physical assault. So, it doesn't necessarily follow that a guilty plea would demand Jevani was stopped from playing, less still training.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Posters need to be careful of their language please!
I've just read this mornings thread back through Hants but can't find any poor language. Have I missed something?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really baffled by some of the ignorance in this thread.

wiveygrecian

You don't seem to realise that something as simple as swearing at someone could result in the charge that's been levelled at Jevani – battery doesn't necessarily involve a physical assault. So, it doesn't necessarily follow that a guilty plea would demand Jevani was stopped from playing, less still training.
There’s more to this case and I think it will get thrown out at some point ! 😉