• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So are you still working for Alison Hernandez, Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly then Mark ? Perhaps you should "declare an interest" like ? 😎
I believe Mark's on Times Radio now. You can hear his dulcet tones reading the news!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was always going to be the way. Their judgement was blinded in the absence of all the facts by their desire for their team to do well, above all else, and now they're angry that 'he' has made them look rather foolish.
I agree. In light of Jevani's guilty plea, the club's decision to suspend him now makes complete sense. At the same time, while this is clearly not good, we should refrain from judging him too harshly until such time as we know the full details, and whether there were any aggravating factors.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
hope those people never get anywhere near a court jury.

Why? Better off you not being on a jury and condemning someone on hearsay before hearing the mitigating factors and the facts I would of thought. Don’t take the moral high ground no one was in the right or wrong here, complicated situation and people just wanted the best for the club.
I think the point I always looked to make, was that the club will be in possession of more facts and knowledge. The fact he hasn't been fired yet would potentially lead to the club knows more than the rest of us even still. All today really does is confirm he accepts guilt on one charge and doesn't accept guilt on another charge. We shall see what happens in the court case and as more facts become available through that process. I think personally with the guilty plea now in, cannot see the club retaining him because of that, but again the club know more than us and It is so difficult to make an objective opinion until we know all of the facts around this case and that will not now be until the summer. Lets see what happens in the court case and then we can all dive in with our opinion.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
hope those people never get anywhere near a court jury.

Why? Better off you not being on a jury and condemning someone on hearsay before hearing the mitigating factors and the facts I would of thought. Don’t take the moral high ground no one was in the right or wrong here, complicated situation and people just wanted the best for the club.
You're missing the point. Haka wasn't condemning anyone on the basis of hearsay. Rather, he, like me, acknowledged that we didn't know all the facts and, that being the case, it made sense to trust the club's judgement.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree. In light of Jevani's guilty plea, the club's decision to suspend him now makes complete sense. At the same time, while this is clearly not good, we should refrain from judging him too harshly until such time as we know the full details, and whether there were any aggravating factors.
Exactly.

There may be aggravating factors. Consider the possible scenario where the lady in question was attacking Jevani's wife. And his actions were to defend his wife. Now , I'm not saying that this is what happened but something like that sheds a different light on matters.

As has been said, dont be quick to condemn until all the facts are known.

andrew p long

He won’t be playing for the club again we will have to get over it
Posts 291,294 and 302 (amongst others) more than 5 weeks ago correctly predicted the time to be taken and the fact that Jevani would not be playing for us any time soon/ever. Two things were, and remain, significant. First,the wheels of justice grind somewhat slow. Second, the club's action indicated there was something serious to consider (contrast strongly the Blackman incident).

I repeat others pleas not to rush to judgment when we still don't know the facts on which the guilty plea is based. In theory it could range from the most minor technical breach to
something very much more serious that would even have justified a more serious charge.

(FWIW my guess at the reason for the time taken to get to this point is the defence team waiting for the disclosure of the prosecution case and evidence. There are sound reasons why waiting for disclosure might be the right course)

Grecian Max

I hope his name is sung loud and clear at tomorrow's game with positive messages attached.
😬

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you're probably allowed this one Max! ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Posts 291,294 and 302 (amongst others) more than 5 weeks ago correctly predicted the time to be taken and the fact that Jevani would not be playing for us any time soon/ever. Two things were, and remain, significant. First,the wheels of justice grind somewhat slow. Second, the club's action indicated there was something serious to consider (contrast strongly the Blackman incident).

I repeat others pleas not to rush to judgment when we still don't know the facts on which the guilty plea is based. In theory it could range from the most minor technical breach to
something very much more serious that would even have justified a more serious charge.

(FWIW my guess at the reason for the time taken to get to this point is the defence team waiting for the disclosure of the prosecution case and evidence. There are sound reasons why waiting for disclosure might be the right course)
Andrew a very well considered post and one which I agree with completely.

Both Jevani and the Club are in a difficult place and personally I think the Club have played it exactly the right way for a number of reasons and are leaving their options open.

He will be out of contract before the Case is heard but I will be surprised if any of his previous suitors will be waving a contract under his nose.

If he does win his case for the reasons some of us have suggested (and his legal advisers knowing the full facts as to what happened must believe he has a good chance of doing so otherwise they would have advised him differently) I can see there is a real possibility of the Club offering him a contract and on the basis of what has happened, not least the way the Club has handled the situation, him signing it and staying with the Club.

Just my thoughts and I will leave it there.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andrew a very well considered post and one which I agree with completely.

Both Jevani and the Club are in a difficult place and personally I think the Club have played it exactly the right way for a number of reasons and are leaving their options open.

He will be out of contract before the Case is heard but I will be surprised if any of his previous suitors will be waving a contract under his nose.

If he does win his case for the reasons some of us have suggested (and his legal advisers knowing the full facts as to what happened must believe he has a good chance of doing so otherwise they would have advised him differently) I can see there is a real possibility of the Club offering him a contract and on the basis of what has happened, not least the way the Club has handled the situation, him signing it and staying with the Club.

Just my thoughts and I will leave it there.
Much of this makes sense. But Jevani can't 'win' the charge he has now pleaded guilty too – rather, the question which remains to be answered is what, exactly, happened and were there any aggravating factors?