• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Boyo

If your presumption is correct, then why has the case been adjourned twice? That doesn't add up to a person ready to admit to guilt.
Wasn't the first adjournment due to a lack of court staff? No idea why its been adjourned this time.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tend to agree. But what if the charge is a minor one, say exceeding the speed limit, and should you intend to contest it your life / career will be put on hold for the foreseeable future, pending a court case.
Speeding breach very different to the nature of the alleged crime here.

I can't envisage a realistic scenario where I'd plead guilty for committing an act of violence against a female (or male, tbh), if I hadn't done it.

robchave

I personally think that the club's first decision, not to play Jevani pending his court case, was the correct one. Perfectly reasonable, given the nature of the allegations and the imminent nature of the initial court proceedings.

However, as the court system seems to be in some state of disarray - a situation outside the control of all parties involved - it would now be perfectly reasonable, and in line with natural justice, to rescind that decision.

Justice delayed is justice denied - to all parties.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
How many times … he hasn’t told them that , why would Gary have wanted to play him at Port Vale ?
And how do we know this? I had not heard of this.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't the first adjournment due to a lack of court staff? No idea why its been adjourned this time.
No, it wasn't. That much I do know.

wiveygrecian

It’s true mate believe it or not. Can’t say who told me

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I want to go on a date with Kylie Minogue, alas I know full well it ain't gonna happen!

wiveygrecian

I want to go on a date with Kylie Minogue, alas I know full well it ain't gonna happen!
Probably cause you’re a married man!! Unless you’re going to be unfaithful to your mrs!

Red Bill

If your presumption is correct, then why has the case been adjourned twice? That doesn't add up to a person ready to admit to guilt.
My wife supports a lot of people through court and cases get adjourned for no obvious reason all the time. I wouldn't read too much into that.