• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah it was the night of deadline day. Thing is, I bet Jevani had been out midweek numerous times in the past, but nothing happened that got him into hot water. Of course, I may be wrong on that and this was a pure one off night out that ended badly, but I doubt it.
No, deadline day was Tuesday January 31st and the incident with Jevani occurred in the early hours of Thursday February 2nd.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't it on the evening of deadline day?! If so then not entirely conceivable that a move Jevani had been hoping for didn't come off, so he goes out to clear his head. If he then decided to have a drink, I don't think that's entirely unreasonable.

If he then proceeded to have several and stayed out until the early hours then I'd agree that shows a lack of judgement for a professional footballer in his late 20s. While it's entirely conceivable this is what happened, as far as I'm aware, at this point we don't know that for definite and it's merely conjecture and supposition.
No. There are numerous reports it was the early hours of Thursday morning. He was our highest profile player and needs to behave accordingly. Which I'm sure he regrets now.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, deadline day was Tuesday January 31st and the incident with Jevani occurred in the early hours of Thursday February 2nd.
Oh, my mistake

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not a lot of difference really, up until 11pm on the Tuesday your world is in turmoil not knowing whether you are off to Portsmouth or not, so the next evening you go out to have a drink or two and unwind. Perhaps it may be considered a tad unfortunate to then bump into an embittered "ex" and her sister, but thems the breaks. Undoubtedly what resulted is deplorable and unnecessary but it is really upto the Court to sort that out and deal with appropriately.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. There are numerous reports it was the early hours of Thursday morning. He was our highest profile player and needs to behave accordingly. Which I'm sure he regrets now.
Police were called to Queen Street, Exeter, in the early hours of Thursday, February 2, following reports of a female having been assaulted in the area.
So, we know Jevani was In Queen Street, some time after midnight on Thursday, February 2 – anything else is conjecture and speculation.

He might have been on his way home from a nightclub the worse for wear, or he might have been out for a meal with friends at Turtle Bay [other eateries are available].

Grecian Max

So, we know Jevani was In Queen Street, some time after midnight on Thursday, February 2 – anything else is conjecture and speculation.

He might have been on his way home from a nightclub the worse for wear, or he might have been out for a meal with friends at Turtle Bay [other eateries are available].
Guessing it wasn't The Terrace 😂

tonykellowfan

Professional footballers are young blokes living the high life, the idea they are not out clubbing and partying between games is ridiculous. Some won't as they are more focussed but in any squad of 25 first team players you can bet that there are 5 to 10 party types at least.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Professional footballers are young blokes living the high life, the idea they are not out clubbing and partying between games is ridiculous. Some won't as they are more focussed but in any squad of 25 first team players you can bet that there are 5 to 10 party types at least.
I don't altogether disagree, neither am I suggesting that Jevani wasn't pi33ed as a newt on the night in question, I'm merely making the point that those who present this as a fact do so on the basis of no evidence whatsoever and may, or may not, be correct in their assertions.

STURTZ

Don't know what all the fuss is about, Jevani was always going to leave in the summer anyway, all we are waiting for is the panto in court.

Incidentally, I think the club have handled the whole affair correctly.

red1

Don't know what all the fuss is about, Jevani was always going to leave in the summer anyway, all we are waiting for is the panto in court.

Incidentally, I think the club have handled the whole affair correctly.
Exactly this. He was never signing a new contract. Lets move on 🤷🏻‍♂️