• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Read the poster rather than the post in this case. The day one of Angus' bits of insider info turn out to be true is the day I'm changing my name to Primrose.
Surely that should be Prudence !

oxford don

I doubt very much if JS would sign a permanent deal for us even if we could afford him...

He's obviously confident in his own ability to play at a higher level than league 2 and if he's ambitious he will.

Eddie Howe may have sent him out on loan to several Div 2 clubs, but he also extended his contract to July 2016 so A, he is obviously giving him every opportunity to fulfil his potential and repay the investment they have made in him, and B. Wont sell him cheaply.

Its a double edged sword really..if he continues to do well for us his stock can only increase and at least Div 1 football would be within his encompass.

oxford don

Tom's a decent striker at this level who could probably cut out a career a step or two higher if he continues to improve his game... Chances of breaking into a premiership team though? Somewhere around 0.
I'm not so sure to be honest...every season or so a striker is plucked from the obscurity of lower league football and actually does rather well in the top flight.

Toms got all the attributes and is the right age..

Another goal against Pool on Wednesday, win the tie and a good performance against the Spammers..who knows what might manifest itself.??

Terryhall

I guess he cant play on wednesday as he was not signed before the first match ???
Correct.

I doubt very much if JS would sign a permanent deal for us even if we could afford him...

He's obviously confident in his own ability to play at a higher level than league 2 and if he's ambitious he will.

Eddie Howe may have sent him out on loan to several Div 2 clubs, but he also extended his contract to July 2016 so A, he is obviously giving him every opportunity to fulfil his potential and repay the investment they have made in him, and B. Wont sell him cheaply.

Its a double edged sword really..if he continues to do well for us his stock can only increase and at least Div 1 football would be within his encompass.
If the extension was to July 2016, that means he's out of contract and available on a free in the summer? Doesn't say much for Bournemouth rating him if that's the case.

I'm not so sure to be honest...every season or so a striker is plucked from the obscurity of lower league football and actually does rather well in the top flight.

Toms got all the attributes and is the right age..

Another goal against Pool on Wednesday, win the tie and a good performance against the Spammers..who knows what might manifest itself.??
I can't see Tom jumping direct into the Prem and straight into the first team - look at the struggle Grimes has had to get into the team at Swansea, and he was head and shoulders above the rest of our side (including Tom) when he left us.

Tom is a great player and would be very hard for us to replace, but I don't think he is Prem standard - I think right now he'd likely be a regular starter for League One, squad player for Champo, and fringe player for a Prem side (e.g. may get a handful of sub appearances). Ultimately I'm sure he has his own sights set higher than League Two, and I wouldn't begrudge him the move, but I think right now the Prem would be a step too far. I hope he has a great game at Anfield tomorrow, and I hope that he is still at ECFC on the 1st of Feb...

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
First time I'd seen him play yesterday and for the first 45 minutes he was outstanding - big , physical , strong and with a good enough touch - his aerial ability is superb though

Proper league 2 centre forward.

Be nice to think we could get him when his contract runs down - but if he gets a few goals for us id imagine clubs would be sniffing higher up - he looked good enough to play league 1 football

Antony Moxey

Looks the real deal doesn't he? Now that we're awash with cash unless his demands are ridiculous I don't see why we couldn't afford him, especially as he's out of contract in the summer.

greatwhite

Yeah, we need a blonde in the team...Like that I'll know roughly who it is on the pitch.

dontpassback

A city striker good in the air and not afraid to get stuck into their centre backs,he ran them ragged in the first 20 mins and it was a joy to watch.he looks the real deal and it would be great to get him permanently.

red1

A city striker good in the air and not afraid to get stuck into their centre backs,he ran them ragged in the first 20 mins and it was a joy to watch.

Totally agree. He was winning everything in the first 20-30 mins.
Second half nowhere near as impressive. Did they have him sorted or did he just "fade" ?
8 loan clubs tells a story, but really hope he is the big un we have been missing for several seasons.. 12/13 games in will definitely give us a clearer picture

STURTZ

Looks the real deal doesn't he? Now that we're awash with cash unless his demands are ridiculous I don't see why we couldn't afford him, especially as he's out of contract in the summer.
Depends on who else might want him, that sort of player is gold dust in this league, look at the target men that we've tried and lived to regret it.