• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the link - I also stumbled across this photo on the Fulham website which I hadn't seen before and that I think sums up our club pretty well. Not sure, though, why they didn't bother to crop out the random hand to the left of the picture - I suppose a fun game of 'guess whose hand it is' could help pass the time until we have some actual news to discuss.
View attachment 11587
Peter Fox

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure why you picked 19 given that Jay is 21 this year (November).

At the same age, Ollie had the season with us that got his move to Brentford and from there he has never looked back.
Ollie's strike rate in the Prem is also better than in the Championship with Brentford, or in L2 with us - given that he's been with a pretty average Villa side for most of that, IMO that improvement is pretty impressive.

Anyway, Jay may well prove me wrong in time, and I genuinely hope he does; it's only my opinion that he's not near Ollie's level at the same age.

Doesn't mean I don't love him just as much (if not more given his Dad is my profile picture and has been since the day he died).

H
Let me see...is it, and I know this might sound ridiculous, because Jay was 19 when he joined on loan?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the link - I also stumbled across this photo on the Fulham website which I hadn't seen before and that I think sums up our club pretty well. Not sure, though, why they didn't bother to crop out the random hand to the left of the picture - I suppose a fun game of 'guess whose hand it is' could help pass the time until we have some actual news to discuss.
View attachment 11587
Other than the mystery hand, it does say a lot about our club that Sweeney is the only player in the pic who isn’t an Academy graduate.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Other than the mystery hand, it does say a lot about our club that Sweeney is the only player in the pic who isn’t an Academy graduate.
To be pedantic, Borges joined our academy from Yeovil's last year and Key joined from Torquay's.

We get all uppity if Stanno gets described as a Fulham academy product.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be pedantic, Borges joined our academy from Yeovil's last year and Key joined from Torquay's.

We get all uppity if Stanno gets described as a Fulham academy product.
You can be the product of more than one academy. Key, Borges and Stansfield have all spent time in our academy so count as products of our academy. In fact, if you want to be uber-pedantic Borges is, I think, still in the academy so isn't even a product of the academy yet. Stanno spent 2 years in Fulham's academy so they are completely justified to call him a product of their academy; from what I've seen they are pretty good at also recognising the part we played in Stanno's development, certainly compared to Chelsea.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see DevonLive are reporting that Gary Caldwell would like to have Jay back on loan next season.

Nickp

It was fabulous having Jay back last season. A real boost for him and the club.
However for him to carry on improving, he needs a stiffer test, namely with a championship team if he has any ambition to progress into Fulham's first team.
He won't get that with us.

Phil Sayers

It was fabulous having Jay back last season. A real boost for him and the club.
However for him to carry on improving, he needs a stiffer test, namely with a championship team if he has any ambition to progress into Fulham's first team.
He won't get that with us.
Yes but this is somewhat counter-balanced by the likelihood of him starting most games for us whereas I don't think any Championship club could indicate that would be the case to either Fulham or to Jay. It might end up being the case but, at least to start with, I imagine he would be restricted to appearances off the bench in that league.

elginCity

The hat-trick seemed a fitting end to the story, but another solid run of L1 games under his belt rather than benchwarming in the Championship ?

Recall that goal celebration hugging GC on the halfway line, seems he's getting something out of the C&F experience too. As has been said, Ollie Watkins at a similar age was on loan at WSM. Good luck City in the attempt to bring him home for another season.