• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's behind a paywall but here's what The Athletic say on the loan

milts

Still in disbelief.

What a signing. What a story. Let’s hope he goes well. I’m sure he will.

sign of the chimes

I've just seen this news having poured a glass of red after a long day at work. That little montage/interview with him on Twitter was a bit emotional even to a non-Grecian. Putting the sentimentality to one side I'd say his signing is quite a coup at this level given he's been featuring for Fulham in their early games and the high regard with which he's held. Having said that, I reserve the right to hurl vitriol at him from my seat at Fratton Park if/when he scores against us...

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just seen this news having poured a glass of red after a long day at work. That little montage/interview with him on Twitter was a bit emotional even to a non-Grecian. Putting the sentimentality to one side I'd say his signing is quite a coup at this level given he's been featuring for Fulham in their early games and the high regard with which he's held. Having said that, I reserve the right to hurl vitriol at him from my seat at Fratton Park if/when he scores against us...
Sorry SoC - It's WHEN !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I must dream more often !
UTC

grecianstew

When we get to the FA Cup final can he still play for us if it’s against Fulham?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
When we get to the FA Cup final can he still play for us if it’s against Fulham?
I assumed we'd beat Hereford in round one, Yeovil in round two and draw Fulham in round three but I think I prefer your version.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow! Wow! Wow! I cannot ever remember such a signing creating such excitement!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
So this has been on the cards since June but didn't get confirmed until minutes before the deadline. Impressive patience from City to keep waiting but did Fulham really have to keep us hanging on that long.
Huge credit to MT for initiating and persisting. Ipswich said ECFC had been very patient for Harper but this goes above and beyond....

In re Fulham, they needed to sign forwards - and finally got the ones they wanted - two in the last hour or so of the window. That's why we had to wait - if Fulham didn't enough forwards they would have needed Jay as back up.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Welcome back Jay. Have a fabulous season and know this - we are one hundred per cent behind you.