• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
As you well know Tavs you and I very, very rarely see "eye to eye" but, at least on this occasion, you've hit the Cornish nails squarely on their empty heads.
I wish you a festive hurrah just for that sirrah (y)
This is truly a Christmas miracle. :ROFLMAO:

Are you lot not a little embarrassed that the single highlight of your season to date, is a goal scored for Birmingham City against your big rivals in a level of football in which you have never played at? How utterly tragic
Tragedy is Gaza mate, this is just football. Most important of the least important things. Happy Christmas!

Grecian2K

This is truly a Christmas miracle. :ROFLMAO:
A bigger Christmas miracle would City scoring and winning on Boxing Day. 😥

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Tragedy is Gaza mate, this is just football. Most important of the least important things. Happy Christmas!
Surely an even greater "tragedy" would be waking up tomorrow morning to find that Santa had come down the chimney and nicked all the pressies, the City Council had come in and chopped down your Christmas tree....
....and, most horrific of all, realising that you are still in Pl*mouth.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scores again for Brum but they are losing again...

DB9

Scores again for Brum but they are losing again...
I guess as a young loanee, For Fulham it's about exactly this, scoring and assisting goals and generally improving his game while on loan, Even if Birmingham are struggling, as long as Jay's football/strength etc improves Fulham will be happy. He was great for us and now stepped up to Championship level with ease, Showing he can find the back of the net, Especially last week.

grecIAN Harris

I guess as a young loanee, For Fulham it's about exactly this, scoring and assisting goals and generally improving his game while on loan, Even if Birmingham are struggling, as long as Jay's football/strength etc improves Fulham will be happy. He was great for us and now stepped up to Championship level with ease, Showing he can find the back of the net, Especially last week.
I would expect him to be part of Fulham's squad next season.

DB9

I would expect him to be part of Fulham's squad next season.
I'm hoping so too, Fulham probably a lower table PL team but Jay playing against the best teams and hopefully doing well should get him noticed by those bigger teams. That Ipswich "Link" a few weeks back I think is just paper talk.

grecIAN Harris

I'm hoping so too, Fulham probably a lower table PL team but Jay playingagainst the best teams and hopefully doing well should get him noticed by those bigger teams. That Ipswich "Link" a few weeks back I think is just paper talk.
I was always under the impression Fulham had high hopes for him and just needed to get him out and about to learn his craft. He passed his first exam with us last season hence why they found a Championship club in Birmingham this. He's Brums top scorer so far with seven so I think it would be reasonable to suggest he's well on his way this. I can't see Fulham selling him.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was always under the impression Fulham had high hopes for him and just needed to get him out and about to learn his craft. He passed his first exam with us last season hence why they found a Championship club in Birmingham this. He's Brums top scorer so far with seven so I think it would be reasonable to suggest he's well on his way this. I can't see Fulham selling him.
It's possible that if they have any major injuries over the next week or so they will recall him from his loan.

Or maybe recall him then send him out to Ipswich on loan, to get a higher standard of football? Though at least he's playing every game for Brum.