• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
…………………...and what do we get ???
Peanuts.Time to move on.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peanuts.Time to move on.
Indeed. Just be happy for the lad instead of crying all of the time

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He got 4 in the end.

jrg333

Indeed. Just be happy for the lad instead of crying all of the time
Crying? Who's crying?

No need to try and undermine people's reasonable concerns (e.g. 1. being ripped off by a bigger club again, and 2. the lack of loyalty shown to our club after all we've done for Stanno) by pretending that they're 'crying'.

It's possible to just have a difference of opinion without having to lie about the other side being hysterical. You should try it some time....

exeter-loyal

He got 4 in the end.
Like I said quality. Could break in the first team if he carrys on and with Fulham having a good chance of going up this woulld be a great move for him.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crying? Who's crying?

No need to try and undermine people's reasonable concerns (e.g. 1. being ripped off by a bigger club again, and 2. the lack of loyalty shown to our club after all we've done for Stanno) by pretending that they're 'crying'.

It's possible to just have a difference of opinion without having to lie about the other side being hysterical. You should try it some time....
You accuse me of being hysterical. Unfortunately this isn't the first and won't be the last time we'll be ripped off. Plus he had to work for his chance and we didn't give him it out of the goodness of our own hearts. If he wasn't good enough we wouldn't have taken him on.

IndoMike

I'm sure most of us are happy he's doing well. We do get some money from this : of course we'd like millions but that ain't the real world. But it does give us another relationship with another club (i.e Fulham) which might be to our advantage in the future via player loans.
Until the Football League creates a fairer system for small clubs like City (that will be "never") we just have to accept it.

C j phill

Do we have to accept it, or should we, together with other Football League clubs, seek an early change to the ridiculous arrangement that currently applies, to "bigger" clubs benefit and "smaller" clubs loss? The inequalities around money within the English professional game are stark and unfair. I would hope that after the Bury affair, the Premier League, EFL and FA revise arrangements so that clubs who undertake work such as Academy provision, receive a fair deal, when young players are transferred.

IndoMike

Do we have to accept it, or should we, together with other Football League clubs, seek an early change to the ridiculous arrangement that currently applies, to "bigger" clubs benefit and "smaller" clubs loss? The inequalities around money within the English professional game are stark and unfair. I would hope that after the Bury affair, the Premier League, EFL and FA revise arrangements so that clubs who undertake work such as Academy provision, receive a fair deal, when young players are transferred.
Yeah, but the club's voted for this system, IINM. They all get paid peanuts, a share of money pooled for them to accept the current system. Since some do not have an academy, they make a little bit of profit on it.
One thing is knowing that the PL, FA and Football League are not fair, but the FL is in the PL's pocket, and you know the PL is king.
PS. I might have gotten all this wrong, but I kinda think it's right.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If I understood correctly, Jay's transfer didn't come under the EPPP rules, but was a negotiated transfer.