• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Reid

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh my god what have we done
The lad has got a record of about one goal in every ten games in the Conference, he was nowhere near good enough to make an impact in the football league.

Move on.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lad has got a record of about one goal in every ten games in the Conference, he was nowhere near good enough to make an impact in the football league.

Move on.
For my 4000th post I get to say WOOOOOSH!

Thanks very much

hienzeECFC

I was the U18s match reporter the year that the likes of Reid, JMT, Gosling, etc. came through. At the time that was considered to be the most successful year the academy had had, with 6 players coming through to earn contracts.

I'm disappointed that we never got to see Jamie's potential come to fruition because he really did appear to be a very talented young striker.

In consideration of the 4 year deal. I think I'm right in saying that at the time he had been called up to the NI u21 squad, which may have had an impact on the club's perception of him. Personally I saw him as the most likely to succeed from that group, so I can certainly see the justification for giving him a long term contract. In fact, considering the financial state of the club at that point, giving small but long deals to academy players at that time was really the only way the club could speculate to accumulate. I'd be happy to see us give out 3 or 4 long term deals to academy players a season given that our recent record suggests at least one of them will either play a big role in the first team or go on to get a decent fee.

DanceMagnet

Scored a couple of goals since making his move permanent and reverting to the striker role. It's right that the lad moved on, but I hope it works out for him at Torquay.

Good luck, Jamie.

Langer

May talk longer to develop than others I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in League 2 at 26/27

ECFC Music

May talk longer to develop than others I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in League 2 at 26/27
So long as he is not playing for us . Good luck to the lad but he has had his chance with us and was not up to scratch. 285 posts (this is the 286th) on Jamie Reid seems over the top for a relatively mediocre footballer.