• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Norwood

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
¿Por qué decimos el español?

Cos he's an international moaner;)

¿Entienda?

elginCity

Well he certainly made an impact with half a sniff against Leeds, if that is what you mean ?
No, I think you know what I meant.

As Credy already said, he's not ready yet to make an impact consistently at L1 level, but he will one day.

In the meantime, we've only to hope that Fleetwood will reproduce his late season form.

Poultice

No, I think you know what I meant.
No I really don't.

You threw in a smug, sneary, "just because he did it against Aveley", when most of us base our opinion on what he did actually did in a City shirt.

For the sake of this argument I would point out that Credy thought Jamie Mackie was rubbish and would never do anything out side the Conference, so deputising him to suggest Norwood is "not ready" really doesn't hold any water.

Fleetwood scored a couple of goals at the end of last season at a slower rate than Ben Watson, that was also the time when most of us worked out that he was sh*te, an observation, I would suggest, which has been proven to be correct.

Deadwood is a monumental waste of money, Norwood is an unknown quantity that nobody can be certain is either ready or unready, I think that given the opportunity Deadwood has had he would have produced at least as much in terms of goals and assists, and would have put in a damn sight more effort.

The fact that as good a judge as Malcolms confirms that the boy is out giving his all in atrocious conditions at Mickey Mouse Central, plus showing good form, is more than enough to convince me that he would be worth giving a shot at the prize.

In addition to the potential onfield benefit the boy also carries the flag for the the club's base support, the sponsorship of his wages by the 31 club is the first step of a new and greater direct involvement of the fans, this is somewhere we have to go if we are to move any further forward as a Trust owned club.

Hunterwasmyhero

Poults, who has posted while you left your pc switched on? ;) That's the most sensible, thing you've said for ages, especially about Deadwood!

ps learn correct use of commas please -you shouldn't really be using them preceding and! :)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I have seen of Norwood, Jim's problem is that he doesn't know how to fit in with the players around him and that's why he can look impressive playing on his own up front. I hope he can learn this at Sutton, as I agree that he could do a good job from the bench for City.

Time is running out for him, though, with only 17 matches left over the time left on his contract and him not being even at the club. I fear we may already have seen his least apperance in red and white.

Poultice

ps learn correct use of commas please -you shouldn't really be using them preceding and! :)
Deary me.

The comma denotes a pause or change of emphasis, there is no restriction on the words you can or can't use directly after one, like i before e except after c, more of an old wives tale than an urban myth.

Poultice

I fear we may already have seen his least apperance in red and white.
If that was the "least" he can do at Leeds I say bring him on !

LOG

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I have seen of Norwood, Jim's problem is that he doesn't know how to fit in with the players around him and that's why he can look impressive playing on his own up front. I hope he can learn this at Sutton, as I agree that he could do a good job from the bench for City.

Time is running out for him, though, with only 17 matches left over the time left on his contract and him not being even at the club. I fear we may already have seen his last appearance in red and white.
What are you on about, Poult?

Nigel E

Went to see Sutton play Aveley today ay a very cold Gander Green Lane.

Jamie Norwood played the best I have seen him play for Sutton United on what was a dreadful pitch...Sutton won 3 2 and Norwood didn't get on the scoresheet.
According to the Sutton messageboard - yes, I am that sad to bother to find it - Norwood did score; following a hashed clearance by the keeper:

"I was also really impressed with the way Charlie collected and then finished his chance and James Norwood's excellent work rate deserved the present Aveley's 'keeper gave him too; very coolly slotted".

Photo evidence here too

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulloughlin/sets/72157623315718780/detail/?page=2

See the sequence of photos from SUFC 0234 onwards