• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Mackie goes to QPR

Sandstorm

Evening Standard said 100k :-O

grecianstew

Do Argyle and or QPR have to disclose to our finance dept (with evidence) exactly what the "undisclosed fee" was so we know we are not being ripped off with regard to the sell on clause?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9003205.stm

Great goals, especially second.

I love seeing him do so well (now he's no longer at the GAWs).

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
what a shame that pen was awarded that goal was a cracking strike....

Ive never understood the point of really caring what a player does once he's left the club you follow.

Mackie to me left for the scum , enough said.

STURTZ

Poultice

Ive never understood the point of really caring what a player does once he's left the club you follow, especially when they turn out to be a bit of a star after you always described them as a donkey.
Amended for factuals.

Me, I think once your City you are always City, most especially when you are local. I follow the fortunes of George, Deano and Danny avidly, Jamie of course, not much to see with Gilly, but even the likes of Fred Murray or the pack at Truro, and of course, Stampy.

But of course I don't have the travails of an ex Chumpnios League side to worry about.

St George

Ive never understood the point of really caring what a player does once he's left the club you follow.
Personally i think its great when like this week, Coppinger scored 3, Mackie got 2 and Friend scored last sat. All players that have gone on to better things after playing for us and our coaches/managers played a big part in their development.

Grecian_Jay

what a shame that pen was awarded that goal was a cracking strike....

Mackie to me left for the scum , enough said.
Agree with that. I think it's nice for us to get some recognition, but that only comes if the player does well immediately. Everyone outside of Exeter will think Mackie learnt everything at Plymouth so we won't get any credit.

Plus as Credy mentione dhe left for the scummers and also in sh*t terms as well. Bloke acted like a tw*t and refused to play for us iirc. Sure he will get his fair share of boos when he comes down again if ever.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Er, an interest in football? In interest in a particular player? Had Stanno ever had the chance to play at a higher level, I'm pretty sure you'd have taken an interest in his progress, wouldn't you?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally i think its great when like this week, Coppinger scored 3, Mackie got 2 and Friend scored last sat. All players that have gone on to better things after playing for us and our coaches/managers played a big part in their development.
Agree with the above.

This sort of progress for our ex players happened so rarely during the late nineties/turn of the millennium, I think we almost take if for granted now.

Whatever happened to Geoff Breslan, anyway?