• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Dunne

Ian Tarr

JW just said that........keep up......

And Grecian in Exile said it even earlier
That's what comes of posting and cooking at the same time :(

Jam Doughnut

Well, if he goes for 350k then it's no wonder the small clubs are in the sh*t. We are expected to pay 75 - 100k salaries for cr*p yet might have to sell arguably our best player, who has already made the grade at a young age, for 300k? The most we can hope for then is to tread water in Div 1. Not much point paying the salaries of our coaching staff to develop players only to have to give them away. There has to be a better system than this.
What has happened to the prices of lower league players these days?
20ish years ago we were selling vinicombe and phillips for £500k while players in the premier league were selling for about £8m maximum.
20years later the top premier players like ronaldo and tevez are going for £40-£60m but the lower league players are actually selling for less than 20 years ago.
Everything goes up in price except lower league football players by the looks of it.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
What has happened to the prices of lower league players these days?
20ish years ago we were selling vinicombe and phillips for £500k while players in the premier league were selling for about £8m maximum.
20years later the top premier players like ronaldo and tevez are going for £40-£60m but the lower league players are actually selling for less than 20 years ago.
Everything goes up in price except lower league football players by the looks of it.
What happened? The Premier League, Sky TV and rampant New Capitalism happened.

"It's the rich, wot get's the pleasure,
"It's the poor, wot gets the blame..."

Poultice

Bosman took all the money which used to go to lower league clubs and put it into the pockets of the players and their agents.

davecg

If James Dunne played for Huddersfield, one of the Sheffield Clubs or Charlton he would go for a million plus. We'll be lucky to get 300k. If Craig Mackail-Smith or Andy Pilkington played for Exeter City they would not have just moved on in multi million pound deals. Big money still finds its way outside of the Premiership but all things are definitely not equal.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bosman took all the money which used to go to lower league clubs and put it into the pockets of the players and their agents.
Exactly. Except the penny just hasn't dropped with some posters, who were claiming on here that we should get a million for the rest of Harley's contract in the last transfer window. :cool:

M Earl

Yeah , it's dated 2nd june.
My news came direct from a Palace fan who is fairly well connected. He was right about Moxey. I just couldn't be arsed to spend ages finding it and pounced on the first site I could find.

Grecian Max

Meh I doubt he'll go just yet. January, probably.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that Dunne is overated? Last season all I noticed him doing was going around kicking people, on the ball I thought he was quite poor. Figures of a £million plus are hillarious.

Anyone else think that Dunne is overated? Last season all I noticed him doing was going around kicking people, on the ball I thought he was quite poor. Figures of a £million plus are hillarious.
Exactly right. I'm sure they hand out hundreds of spectacles with a pink hue lens at the turnstiles sometimes. And some people on here didnt rate Harley. Wtf?

Last edited: