• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jacob Jagger Cane

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is definitely in the managers long term plans,but reading between the lines,the management don't appear to think he is ready.One for next season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
this is excellent news. Many of our youngsters are technically good but end up not being big, physical (or quick) enough. Dawson for example demonstrated a cool head and good technical ability,an ability to pass etc, but to play CM he's going to have to cope with the physical battle.

The only reservation is that Poole Town play 3 levels below ECFC so it is only a start.
Where you've got more chance of being dumped on the seat of your arse more often. If he can deal with the physicality down there then he ought to be ok playing in the League where you get a bit more time on the ball.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interesting game for him to have been involved with today. 2-0 down with just a minute to play and to come away with a 2-2 draw. Just the one mention in the match report
http://www.pooletownfc.co.uk/070913-hitchin-town-v-poole-town/

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting game for him to have been involved with today. 2-0 down with just a minute to play and to come away with a 2-2 draw. Just the one mention in the match report
http://www.pooletownfc.co.uk/070913-hitchin-town-v-poole-town/
I see he was subbed. I wonder if that was before or after the two goals in the last two minutes of the 90!

(BTW Hants, these links/reports much appreciated. I will often try to track these down myself, but this saves immense amounts of time)

home counties

I went to this game as it was local and I wanted to see the lad play. I thought that he was neat and tidy with a fair amount of energy but got a bit lost in the hustle and bustle of Southern League football.
He did have one good effort in the second half which caused mayhem in the Hitchin defence but not a lot else. Was subbed about the 75 min mark, probably knackered.
I read on here that PT sees him as one for the future. May be, but not this year.