• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Past history tells me that Sparkes will be given a chance in the first team but unless he immediately succeeds spectacularly he will be sent out on lone for the rest of the season.

iscalad

Past history tells me that Sparkes will be given a chance in the first team but unless he immediately succeeds spectacularly he will be sent out on lone for the rest of the season.
Scores.....

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really looks an amazing prospect. Obviously, it's not going to be as easy for him vs seasoned L2 players but he does seem like an exciting prospect.

Suspect Tisdale will use him sparingly, to begin with at least. Nice to see he's scored today too.

andrew p long

excellent post 66 by rifraf on the Dorchester thread. Worth noting here for future reference

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?59195-Dorchester-Town-vs-Exeter-City-Official-Friendly-Matchday-thread/page7

especially the age issue - Jack is 16 and a first year academy player, whereas Egan and Storey (who were on the other side yesterday ) are 19(?) and second year professionals.

IIRC Jack accompanied Ethan on some Premier League academy trials (Chelsea and also Liverpool?). He was disappointed not to get in an England age group squad, having made the initial group 40(?).

The best place for him to attract attention will be in League Two later this season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, is Jack Sparkes in the photo?

Tim Legg‏ @leggy2005
@OfficialECFC U18 boys on route to Holland for our #lfetrip @LFEonline

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mentioned on Twitter that Sparkes may well indeed become our 1931 player in order to tie him down to a more lucrative contract.

I guess that would be a good move if it means we can keep him longer and the club must definetly see him as very important to retain.

LDNGrecian

1931 player. Bit confused by this...

CC

jimbo-gould

I'm happy with this. Good for the 1931 fund to see a more promising player, plus a positive if the extra funds were the difference were the difference between him signing or not.

Well-known Exeweb poster
first game and has made quite an impression.