• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

tonykellowfan

I'd like to see Seymour given the chance as part of a proper strike pairing. He isn't a No 10 or a target which are the roles he has been continually asked to play. I don't think once he has been allowed to play his own game so he can show where or how he can be effective.
I can only hope that you mean on loan several divisions below?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can only hope that you mean on loan several divisions below?
Maybe he does need to go out on loan first to get himself back together. Last season didn't work out for him but why? Much the same as Jack Sparkes didn't, because he was being asked to play a role that wasn't his natural game. Sparkes isn't a left and Seymour is neither a no. 10 or a target man. He needs to be playing up front as part of a proper strike pairing.

tonykellowfan

My own view based on what I have seen so far is that Sparkes (who is 2 or 3 years younger) has a decent chance of making it as a pro, whereas Seymour looks completely out of his depth and I personally do not see him making the grade.

Memphis09

I don't think Sparkes has played as freely and well since his ligament injury.
Agree thought he was outstanding against Newport when he got the injury but has not yet reach the same level here’s hoping

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Message from Jack Sparkes after his injury at Orient

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Out for a good portion of the season then.That's a significant loss.People go on about his lack of pace (which is true to certain extent),but when on form he can put in a perfect,runs all day,100% effort and is as tough as old boots.With all these new players,we need reliability and the loss of Collins and Sparkes reduces that.

Exehausted

A nice message. I feel sorry for him because for me he has been excellent so far this season. With him needing surgery I would imagine he will be out for a minimum of 12 weeks. If he's back playing before Christmas I'll be surprised. Best of luck Jack.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like his positivity, read and reflect exeweb. He talks about working with a great bunch of lads. He needn't have mentioned that but he did. The fact that he does, gives credence to a good club atmosphere and you dont have that if they all dislike the manager as a few on here like to suggest. Yes,I'm drawing conclusions where other might see none to be drawn but at least they are positive ones while too many others are busily drawing a shed load of negative ones. Personally I've always thought the positive was so much better than the wrist slitting negative.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel for Jack, especially as it’s such a freak injury. Can’t remember seeing anything similar.

Bridgy 81

A nice message. I feel sorry for him because for me he has been excellent so far this season. With him needing surgery I would imagine he will be out for a minimum of 12 weeks. If he's back playing before Christmas I'll be surprised. Best of luck Jack.
Not knowing much about this sort of injury I looked it up earlier on an NHS website.
I realize each case is different but the general guidance there was no contact sports for 10-12 weeks.
That didn’t mention surgery though, so presumably Jack’s injury is at the more complicated/serious end.
It maybe even longer than that then before we see him in action again 🙁