• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ivor Doble

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe nothing official has come through to club, just a speculative post on an ECFC Facebook group.

I think the club is right to wait until confirmed by the family, otherwise it could end up embarrassing for them.
It was a local football group who I believe to have links to our archive department so I wouldn't have thought it was a speculative post. People don't generally speculate about someone's passing.

Spoonz Red E

It was a local football group who I believe to have links to our archive department so I wouldn't have thought it was a speculative post. People don't generally speculate about someone's passing.
The club would still check with the family first before posting anything.

grecIAN Harris

The club would still check with the family first before posting anything.
Of course they would and should, there's no doubting that and don't disagree that that is the path the club should be following.

Ivor was a true gent. At the helm of the club during some difficult times. Thank you for all you did to keep the club going. R.I.P. Ivor

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
RIP Ivor "St Thomas" Doble

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got to know Ivor well in the 1990's when the club was in a perilous financial position, working with him on various projects and joining him in meetings with numerous organisations. I had the greatest respect for him as he lived and breathed Exeter City. If anyone deserves a huge memorial at St. James Park it is Ivor Doble. RIP mate.

Nigel E

A nice, well-judged, piece on the website now. It seems perfectly reasonable to allow them a couple of hours to get the appropriate quotes from the Tagg and co. Why Malcolm can't just give it a rest sometimes, I'll never know.

Ivor has a lot to be proud of both in his business life and with ECFC, and I'll always be thankful that he handed the club on to the Trust.

angelic upstart

RIP Ivor - Top fella and top City fan.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
RIP Ivor. Nice that we should win our last game before Ivor's death and fitting that our winning goal should have come in the 96th minute!

ExmouthMart

A true Legend of ECFC and perhaps as a fitting tribute could the stand named after him be more prominently named after him again. Chairman during some truly terrible times but also during some of the most exciting times. Those of us lucky enough to remember 89-90 and witness that team will never forget that. RIP Ivor and thanks for everything you did for ECFC.