• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ITV scrap Westcountry News!!

MikeB

We have the same problem here. the excellent Border TV new programme 'Lookaround; is to be merged with one from Newcastle. It's the death of local new coverage on ITV for this area. Personally I would rather more locally produced programmes than national stuff. What is the point of having regional TV companies any more?

col46upwood

does that mean no more gus honeybun?wheres judi spiers?treasure hunt?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
does that mean no more gus honeybun?wheres judi spiers?treasure hunt?
Indeed...Ken McCleod,John Doyle,Roger Shaw,Del Cooper,Chris Fear...Keith Fordyce

LOG

What about Ted Tuckerman?

Won't someone think of the Tuckerman?

StroudGrecian

What about Ted Tuckerman? Why no mention of Ian Stirling?

Oldsmobile-88

Where is the Westcountry main studio now?..

I can remember the Westward TV/TSW studio at Derrys Cross..It had that huge map of the South West on the front..

Red Devon

Where is the Westcountry main studio now?..

I can remember the Westward TV/TSW studio at Derrys Cross..It had that huge map of the South West on the front..
Langage business park Plympton.

DB9

What is the point of having regional TV companies any more?
Mike their are no regional ITV companies any more they all got merged into "ITV1" a couple of years ago now it the regional news station and the last of the names like "Westcountry" and "HTV" which will disappear

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who cares?

i_m

DB9

Who cares?

i_m
I think we should, It can mean a sense on identity where your from. To have the most powerful medium and part of it to tell you what goes on in your area is really important. If you want a central South East bias on your screens and people who don't know anything about your area deciding what is news worthy or not then why care.

These same people will control your news and if say they don't agree with an issue that is important in the rural S West they will either drop the story or give it such a slant it will make it impossible to give a fair balance.