• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ITV Broadcast Spurs v City

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've also believed that the Pearson injury was the turning point. Oh well moving on ...,..

budegrecian

No mention of the Archibald incident yet, when he chased a long ball through but Len Bond slid out to collect it. Archibald looked to be jumping over him but at the last minute deliberately brought his boot down kicking our keeper in the chest. Bondy was clearly struggling for the rest of the game.
Took me years to forgive Spurs; not sure that I even have yet....

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn't it Graham Roberts, the 'southern league oil-tanker' brought in by Spurs from Weymouth specially for the task, that steamed into Pearson?

PeteUSA

No mention of the Archibald incident yet, when he chased a long ball through but Len Bond slid out to collect it. Archibald looked to be jumping over him but at the last minute deliberately brought his boot down kicking our keeper in the chest. Bondy was clearly struggling for the rest of the game.

Quite honestly, I think that disgraceful Archibald incident was a factor in Len letting that ball slip out of his grasp for Spurs second goal. As you say, Bond was easily first to that through ball and Archibald was never going to reach it. He followed through with his studs and planted his boot right in Bondys midriff. I spoke to Len not long after, and he told me the result of that challenge plagued him for the rest of the game.

Ian Tarr

Wasn't it Graham Roberts, the 'southern league oil-tanker' brought in by Spurs from Weymouth specially for the task, that steamed into Pearson?
No. It was Tony Galvin.

Grecian2K

No. It was Tony Galvin.
I stand corrected! (It was, after all, an awfully long time ago and the fading G2k memory cell isn't quite what it was)