• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

Boyo

Blows my mind that we van add so many more onto the gate in League One, the experience is very similar, bar a bit more quality in and around the box - who is suddenly turning up every week that didn't fancy watching League 2 football? Like what is the profile of that particular fan? Find it fascinating.
There’s a LOT of city fans (and probably footy fans generally) who don’t turn up each week. However, I think what we are seeing, is that those who maybe last season went 3-4 times, are now going 6-8 times, and those that went 6-8 times are now going 10-12 times. That’s a massive uptick in overall numbers. Of course there will be some brand new fans too, but certainly among the people I know the former is true.
The other thing I find interesting is season ticket holders. This is my second season ticket in the same seat in block C of the Stanno. Now all the seats around us are season tickets, and whereas the majority of people are there week in week out there’s a fair number who are on rotation, ie different groups of people turning up at different times. This is clearly people who are sharing their season tickets among 3-4 different sets of people. They’re obviously all city fans, but not there every week (unless they have tickets elsewhere as well).

tom_ecfc

Can we rename this ‘Project Sellout’?

Exehausted

No, certainly not. It doesn't matter what happens today, I have every faith that Taggy and the lawyers that we use will get us the best deals going. We might not get all the replacements we need today but I'm sure that we will stay up and start to rebuild in the summer. The Cliff Hill will be finished and paid for so we will be able to concentrate more on the team. It does feel a bit like we are the Brighton of the third tier. Great manager moves on and players getting a great chance and then being taken from them.........but for a good deal of money. The same problems occur right down the pyramid.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why? Nothing has happened yet

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may need to clarify the context of "sellout" do you mean as in home attendance sellout or sellout of the heart and soul of the club?

tom_ecfc

You may need to clarify the context of "sellout" do you mean as in home attendance sellout or sellout of the heart and soul of the club?
Tensions are running high I see today 🤣 Of course attendance sellout, hence posted on this thread. 😉

tom_ecfc

No, certainly not. It doesn't matter what happens today, I have every faith that Taggy and the lawyers that we use will get us the best deals going. We might not get all the replacements we need today but I'm sure that we will stay up and start to rebuild in the summer. The Cliff Hill will be finished and paid for so we will be able to concentrate more on the team. It does feel a bit like we are the Brighton of the third tier. Great manager moves on and players getting a great chance and then being taken from them.........but for a good deal of money. The same problems occur right down the pyramid.
I’m on about SJP selling out instead of just getting 6,000 in.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tensions are running high I see today 🤣 Of course attendance sellout, hence posted on this thread. 😉
That's how I read it but I think it was open to be misinterpreted :)

Exehausted

I’m on about SJP selling out instead of just getting 6,000 in.
Ok then.

tom_ecfc

Stumbled across these figures from our first season in the conference from an ecfc programme - wonder how much they have changed 20 years on?!
A421397D-76EC-4F1A-9B41-7BBFDEC552F4.jpeg