• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it too late for the Trust to regain effective control of the Club?

DJH2005

Why, because someone who posts with an agenda chooses not to post with his true identity?
Not at all Malcs, not at all.

I'm just saying because I saw both posts before Spanks decided to edit them. It's all about context, innit.

So, when is this EGM then?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not at all Malcs, not at all.

I'm just saying because I saw both posts before Spanks decided to edit them. It's all about context, innit.

So, when is this EGM then?
How would I know? Wouldn't you be better asking someone who's a member of the Trust?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Jeez.....and I thought I was getting boring!!

Roy Hodgson

Where is Plain Capers when you need him? He could sort this out in a jiify.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Ah, I'm with you. Many thanks Chuckles and DJH ...

DJH2005

Ah, I'm with you. Many thanks Chuckles and DJH ...
Steady now. You have a reputation to protect Rae. - Insult, question motives, and then move along. There are rules to follow you know Ms Rae! ;)

** Goes back to looking for my tinfoil hat **

Alistair20000

So the cost of Directors is 23,672 in the last published accounts.
Add to that Taggy charging £20,000 for sports advice via his Laser company and Paul Morrish £18,778 via his company.

I would anticipate that the payment to Steve Williams and Friends £15,350 is for accountancy services. It may include payment for his services as a director. A separate firm, Haines Watts, does the audit and charged £3,635 for this work.

I have no idea whether the payments to directors, including the payments to companies with which they are connected, represents good value for money or not. Paying them via their companies saves the Club some employers' NIC so there is nothing untoward about that as far as I am concerned.

I am sure that RW (Adrian) told us there were a lot of accountants providing free services to the club. If that is right, the combined costs of Steve Williams' firm and Haines Watts (approaching £19,000) is not cheap for a small business with a turnover below £4million. Provided a decent accounts package is being used at Club level there appears to be scope for some cost cutting in this area.

Last edited:

Poultice

Where is Plain Capers when you need him? He could sort this out in a jiify.
Probably in a huddle with the rest of his mates on the Board discussing how to deflect attention away from this issue, so in effect praying for the Cheese to throw in a couple of good results, that's all that has kept the club going and allowed the bean feasters to keep feasting, they do not add value as they comfortably take more than the Trust puts in.

It's a tad galling that this has been so obvious for so long yet the majority of members are either too stupid to realise it or too busy covering up.

We need money and message savvy people on the BoS to sort this, and what have we got ?

Well you all know what we have got.

Alistair20000

Probably in a huddle with the rest of his mates on the Board discussing how to deflect attention away from this issue, so in effect praying for the Cheese to throw in a couple of good results, that's all that has kept the club going and allowed the bean feasters to keep feasting, they do not add value as they comfortably take more than the Trust puts in.

It's a tad galling that this has been so obvious for so long yet the majority of members are either too stupid to realise it or too busy covering up.

We need money and message savvy people on the BoS to sort this, and what have we got ?

Well you all know what we have got.
I reckon that Bill/Adam is a money person.

Poultice

I reckon that Bill/Adam is a money person.
Doesn't seem to be doing us much good in the message category does it ?