• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is EXEWEB upholding its own rules to avoid bullying, swearing & discrimination?

motorservices

Re: Is EXEWEB upholding its own rules to avoid bullying, swearing & discrimination?

I believe that those responsible for running small businesses learn plenty about cashflow, especially if they are also the owner and playing with their own money.

That Motorservices has set up and developed his business during austere times is admirable particularly if you bear in mind that an increasing proportion of the on-road fleet are newer vehicles which, presumably, require less maintenance.

He should be applauded.

By contrast, those at the club have talked about grand plans (Championship football, redevelopment) and delivered little, and have also failed to meet the base requirement of ‘living within our means’.

I would be far more inclined to trust Motorservices (who I don’t know from Adam) with my money than those on the club board. He has a track record.

You want to focus too much on the loan: its existence should have been unnecessary and those responsible for the club running out of money need to be replaced. Simple. That process has started. I can’t see why you wouldn’t think that would be a good thing.

Thank you Edward, yes I started with £100 and after a lot of hard (18hr days) I've built up to where I am now, we have gone from a turn over of 2.5 a month to over 15k a month, cash flow is the single most important thing, living within my means at times was soul destroying, now things are different but a close eye is always needed :)

Not bad for 2 yrs of business

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Re: Is EXEWEB upholding its own rules to avoid bullying, swearing & discrimination?

Well done, motor, that's how to do it. (y)

Have to agree with you Rae. We'll done Motor

motorservices

Thank you Rae :), don't get me wrong it is hard esp as the wife and kids are off to euro Disney tomorrow for 2 weeks and I'm not, fact is the business is still my main project and I can't take time out, not fair on my employees to be left with it to deal with

Edward

What oh what Edward, would your Plan B have been, if in December 2013 you had known of the looming cash flow crisis (following poor on field performance and falling gates)?

Please explain exactly what you would have done? - feel free to use 20/20 hindsight.
I am not certain why you are such a gutless coward who is seeking to protect his identity so strenuously especially as you seemed to take such glee in thinking you had ‘outed’ me. Sadly, that information had been shared years ago on Exeweb. I am proud of my achievements. Interestingly, I know exactly who you are so perhaps I do know why you do not want to be identified. Equally proud?

But let’s leave that aside because you are still desperately trying to prop up your friend, oblivious to the fact that you not helping one iota; you are simply revealing he has a rather unpleasant and yellow mate. But I will give you one final response.

If a football club is running out of cash, it can do several things.

It eliminates any and every item of unnecessary expenditure.
It places staff ‘at risk’ of redundancy.
It sells any and every asset that is not essential to the business. That can include players.
It seeks to re-negotiate contracts which have become unaffordable.
It does what it can to create new revenue, perhaps by offering an ‘impossible-to-ignore’ ticket offer or arranging an additional home game.
It looks to bring forward all scheduled income.
It very carefully oversees an inexperienced CEO to ensure he doesn’t introduce senseless policies which worsen the future cash position.
It appeals to the fans in the hope that they will respond positively in many ways (note: not telling the fans is probably not ‘best practice’; lying to the fans is worse).
It seeks swifter payment from its debtors, perhaps offering early settlement discounts.
It seeks to negotiate delayed payment to its creditors.
If it is feeling brave, it delays making its Crown payments (NI, VAT).
It goes to the bank, recognising that any temporary overdraft will have to be supported by personal guarantees, admittedly tricky given none of the executives are shareholders and it has no assets to pledge.
It quits organising ridiculous trips to Brazil and sacks anybody and everybody who thinks such a gormless venture is a good idea.
It tells the manager, a mere employee, to play attract football to bolster crowds.

I will leave you to try and figure out how many Conway and his cronies seriously pursued before he decided the best approach was his loan. Christ knows how shoddy the governance was if the full club board did not know the identity of the lender before deciding to accept the money but that is another story and, thankfully, I am now retiring from further engagement with you (unless you choose to share your identity).

Edward: "It tells the manager, a mere employee, to play attract[ive] football to bolster crowds"

Plymouth 3 Exeter 0 - "Plymouth Argyle run out comfortable winners over Exeter City in the Devon derby as they claim their first victory of the season"

Tick, tock?

Flaw in Edward-ian Master Plan B:

It sells any and every asset that is not essential to the business

It goes to the bank, recognising that any temporary overdraft will have to be supported by personal guarantees, admittedly tricky given none of the executives are shareholders and it has no assets to pledge.

Edward

Flaw in Edward-ian Master Plan B:

It sells any and every asset that is not essential to the business

Forgive me, but you are displaying a level of stupidity which is astounding and demonstrates your complete ignorance of the business world. To be clear, you may be able to rustle together £20k by selling assets you don't need, something like a rusty old minibus or some IT equipment or anything and everything that can fetch something. You need cash, you don't use them, you sell them. These assets are quite separate to what any bank would regard as security on any facility.

You contribute nothing yourself besides a continuous whine that Conway was treated poorly and a relentless desire to try and catch everybody out. Pathetic. There was plenty that the club should have done when it realised income projections would not be met. I have listed some of them. Of course, these were merely the priorities and a slightly longer-term plan would have been a rights issue. Sadly, your friend chose not to do much of it at all but carry on trying to find fault in others.

motorservices

FORC i forgot to add i havent borrowed a penny and dont have an overdraft and havent used my C/card to build my business, its all about the cash flow

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Wrong. And wrong again.

Astrologists everywhere - no need to fear for your living with "motorservices" spookily inaccurate powers of predicting the past.....

I can make one accurate prediction though: Privacy is protected in law by the DPA and enforced by the ICO. Google it.
I did but it wasn't very informative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_(1990_film)