• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is EXEWEB upholding its own rules to avoid bullying, swearing & discrimination?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Is EXEWEB upholding its own rules to avoid bullying, swearing & discrimination?

So you stop posting on the original thread to try, yet fail to give your POV on here.

Get over it.

If you're too precious then you're on the wrong forum. Maybe arsey can get you onto gnet.

Clutching at straws methinks. Less than 10% of votes agree with you. Two of those were wrong votes. Get the picture?

Re: Is EXEWEB upholding its own rules to avoid bullying, swearing & discrimination?

well this is taking my mind off the game tomorrow nicely, also so as an aside im chuffed to bits the PFA have been paid back and we can sign players, a MASSIVE THANK YOU to the club and TRUST (who now do an awesome job) for there hard work in getting it sorted for when they said

UTC
Gosh you are very easily pleased then as you start the season spending cash clearing the overdraft with the first cash received and that is "now an awesome job"! Any share tips?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWickens View Post

Without having any inside knowledge of the workings of the Club Board the recent problems appear to stem, primarily, from fairly basic cashflow problems. That has seen the departure of three individuals (two who were Board members). There are lengthy posts on each of those departures but I am intrigued that the Finance Director appears to remain unscathed.

So, what are the responsibilities of the Finance Director within the Club? The following is from the website of the Institute of Directors -

"The role of the finance director varies according to the size of the company involved. However, in general, he or she oversees all financial aspects of company strategy and is responsible for the flow of financial information to the chief executive, the board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions."

That seems to sum up what I would expect of our Finance Director - an important position; it may well be the case that this was achieved and for confidentiality reasons we cannot have access to any discussions.

However, it was obvious that in January the Club was going to have these problems and little appears to have been done in order to reduce the likelihood of a PFA loan. Was a root and branch audit conducted in order to reduce costs on one side and increase income on the other?

OK, more questions than answers and I have always thought it is futile concentrating on the past, but in order to go forward one needs to learn from the past.

I am a keen advocate of the Trust model but I consider a real improvement would be that the finance director should sit in both Boards, ensuring greater control for the Trust and the members.

FORC: Good question Chris.

ECFC starts the season clearing a PFA loan (with high interest) at a reported £110K, so the cash flow starts with a deficit that is cleared with the very first tranche of income that comes in (rather than being banked as cash in hand).

Meanwhile, there is an expectation that more players will be transferred, adding further to the strains on the ECFC cash flow.

Would it be prudent for the FD to provide the majority shareholder (the Trust) with a copy of the cash flow forecast from now until the end of season - to see if the books will balance (based upon reasonable & prudent assumptions on gates, income and costs etc)?

This would allow BOS members a chance to see whether at the end of this season the deficit will be: a) eliminated or b) the same £100K as last season or c) even higher (highest likelihood?).

Then ECFC, the Trust and all BoS members can take preventative action in good time, to avoid the damaging take up of another PFA loan the high interest and embargo on transfers that comes with it.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Gosh you are very easily pleased then as you start the season spending cash clearing the overdraft with the first cash received and that is "now an awesome job"! Any share tips?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWickens View Post

Without having any inside knowledge of the workings of the Club Board the recent problems appear to stem, primarily, from fairly basic cashflow problems. That has seen the departure of three individuals (two who were Board members). There are lengthy posts on each of those departures but I am intrigued that the Finance Director appears to remain unscathed.

So, what are the responsibilities of the Finance Director within the Club? The following is from the website of the Institute of Directors -

"The role of the finance director varies according to the size of the company involved. However, in general, he or she oversees all financial aspects of company strategy and is responsible for the flow of financial information to the chief executive, the board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors or financial institutions."

That seems to sum up what I would expect of our Finance Director - an important position; it may well be the case that this was achieved and for confidentiality reasons we cannot have access to any discussions.

However, it was obvious that in January the Club was going to have these problems and little appears to have been done in order to reduce the likelihood of a PFA loan. Was a root and branch audit conducted in order to reduce costs on one side and increase income on the other?

OK, more questions than answers and I have always thought it is futile concentrating on the past, but in order to go forward one needs to learn from the past.

I am a keen advocate of the Trust model but I consider a real improvement would be that the finance director should sit in both Boards, ensuring greater control for the Trust and the members.

FORC: Good question Chris.

ECFC starts the season clearing a PFA loan (with high interest) at a reported £110K, so the cash flow starts with a deficit that is cleared with the very first tranche of income that comes in (rather than being banked as cash in hand).

Meanwhile, there is an expectation that more players will be transferred, adding further to the strains on the ECFC cash flow.

Would it be prudent for the FD to provide the majority shareholder (the Trust) with a copy of the cash flow forecast from now until the end of season - to see if the books will balance (based upon reasonable & prudent assumptions on gates, income and costs etc)?

This would allow BOS members a chance to see whether at the end of this season the deficit will be: a) eliminated or b) the same £100K as last season or c) even higher (highest likelihood?).

Then ECFC, the Trust and all BoS members can take preventative action in good time, to avoid the damaging take up of another PFA loan the high interest and embargo on transfers that comes with it.
Better rate than Wonga, though.

motorservices

No the club and trust board are cleaning up the mess left behind by a select few that thankfully are nothing to do with my club anymore.

Had they been honest from the start the PFA loan could have been avoided, this is what happens when you let the Crown Jewels be left in poor hands IMHO, thank god that's been sorted

Anyway as yet still no ID, easy to be cocky sat behind a keyboard!

contrabombarde

Apologies for making mischief again motor and off topic but haven't you ever felt cocky behind a keyboard? Couldn't resist! :D

No the club and trust board are cleaning up the mess left behind by a select few that thankfully are nothing to do with my club anymore.

Had they been honest from the start the PFA loan could have been avoided, this is what happens when you let the Crown Jewels be left in poor hands IMHO, thank god that's been sorted

Anyway as yet still no ID, easy to be cocky sat behind a keyboard!
Well "motorservices", we shall see if the PFA loan at the end of this season comes earlier and is bigger won't we?

Right now pinning the blame on to just two individuals (EC & RC) is an act of denial.

My name is **** and I own a small garage on the side of my house somewhere in the ******* ***** District.

PS Did you put any cash up fro ECFC? You still have all season to decide 'cos the fundamental cash flow problems haven't been resolved.

PPS You may find this helps aid your incomplete understanding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_flow

motorservices

Well "motorservices", we shall see if the PFA loan at the end of this season comes earlier and is bigger won't we?

Right now pinning the blame on to just two individuals (EC & RC) is an act of denial.

My name is **** and I own a small garage on the side of my house somewhere in the ******* ***** District.

PS Did you put any cash up fro ECFC? You still have all season to decide 'cos the fundamental cash flow problems haven't been resolved.

PPS You may find this helps aid your incomplete understanding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_flow

I've been putting money in to ECFC since 1983, I've been and my eldest daughter have been trust members for years.

You fail to take in what people have posted, you add 'meat to the bones' so to speak, can you prove with fact that I was taking about CONway and Ed? No you can't

I'd love a 3000 sqft garage on the side of my house, but alas it's 15miles away :( some people are really lucky :p

Anyway by reading your posts I'd hazard a guess that you have always had an office job, and I dare say you have threatened a boss at some point for treating you badly,

Still no name but then again you prob have a lot more to lose by naming yourself

Edward

I believe that those responsible for running small businesses learn plenty about cashflow, especially if they are also the owner and playing with their own money.

That Motorservices has set up and developed his business during austere times is admirable particularly if you bear in mind that an increasing proportion of the on-road fleet are newer vehicles which, presumably, require less maintenance.

He should be applauded.

By contrast, those at the club have talked about grand plans (Championship football, redevelopment) and delivered little, and have also failed to meet the base requirement of ‘living within our means’.

I would be far more inclined to trust Motorservices (who I don’t know from Adam) with my money than those on the club board. He has a track record.

You want to focus too much on the loan: its existence should have been unnecessary and those responsible for the club running out of money need to be replaced. Simple. That process has started. I can’t see why you wouldn’t think that would be a good thing.

I believe that those responsible for running small businesses learn plenty about cashflow, especially if they are also the owner and playing with their own money.

That Motorservices has set up and developed his business during austere times is admirable particularly if you bear in mind that an increasing proportion of the on-road fleet are newer vehicles which, presumably, require less maintenance.

He should be applauded.

By contrast, those at the club have talked about grand plans (Championship football, redevelopment) and delivered little, and have also failed to meet the base requirement of ‘living within our means’.

I would be far more inclined to trust Motorservices (who I don’t know from Adam) with my money than those on the club board. He has a track record.

You want to focus too much on the loan: its existence should have been unnecessary and those responsible for the club running out of money need to be replaced. Simple. That process has started. I can’t see why you wouldn’t think that would be a good thing.
What oh what Edward, would your Plan B have been, if in December 2013 you had known of the looming cash flow crisis (following poor on field performance and falling gates)?

Please explain exactly what you would have done? - feel free to use 20/20 hindsight.

I've been putting money in to ECFC since 1983, I've been and my eldest daughter have been trust members for years.

You fail to take in what people have posted, you add 'meat to the bones' so to speak, can you prove with fact that I was taking about CONway and Ed? No you can't

I'd love a 3000 sqft garage on the side of my house, but alas it's 15miles away :( some people are really lucky :p

Anyway by reading your posts I'd hazard a guess that you have always had an office job, and I dare say you have threatened a boss at some point for treating you badly,

Still no name but then again you prob have a lot more to lose by naming yourself
Wrong. And wrong again.

Astrologists everywhere - no need to fear for your living with "motorservices" spookily inaccurate powers of predicting the past.....

I can make one accurate prediction though: Privacy is protected in law by the DPA and enforced by the ICO. Google it.