• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

International relations thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
What do Librarians know !! ;);)

Phil Sayers

France to deploy military personnel into Ukraine (presumably going to stick to the Western parts) in training roles:

angelic upstart

Clever people - I've a couple of questions regarding the current conflict in Israel/Palestine.

1) My understanding is Hamas are the govt of Palestine. Why doesn't western groups like the ICC tell them to stop indiscriminately bombing woman and children in Israel and issue arrested warrants for those in govt?

2) How many times are Israel going to throw down a few bombs in areas they know are full of refugees and then claim it was an accident?

Thanks in advance clever people.

iscalad

Clever people - I've a couple of questions regarding the current conflict in Israel/Palestine.

1) My understanding is Hamas are the govt of Palestine. Why doesn't western groups like the ICC tell them to stop indiscriminately bombing woman and children in Israel and issue arrested warrants for those in govt?

2) How many times are Israel going to throw down a few bombs in areas they know are full of refugees and then claim it was an accident?

Hamas are in control in the Gaza Strip, not the rest of Palestine.

DB9

1, I think they issued warrants along with the Israeli PM.

2, Utterly tragic as all innocent civilian deaths on both sides, My view FWIW is you bomb in an over densely populated area where people are crammed in, this is the result. I believe but not 100% this refugee camp was an area people were told to go.

angelic upstart

Hamas are in control in the Gaza Strip, not the rest of Palestine.
But they are the govt and won an election I believe.

angelic upstart

1, I think they issued warrants along with the Israeli PM.

2, Utterly tragic as all innocent civilian deaths on both sides, My view FWIW is you bomb in an over densely populated area where people are crammed in, this is the result. I believe but not 100% this refugee camp was an area people were told to go.
It's fairly safe to say almost everyone living in Gaza is a refugee currently.

Spoonz Red E

1) No warrants have have yet been issued to anyone - they have been applied for. Three of the warrants applied for are for Hamas leaders.
2) Too many.

Mid Devon Grecian

But they are the govt and won an election I believe.
They did win an election in 2006. I don’t believe there’s been another election since. Read into that what you will….