• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Independent Solicitor/Attorney Fund...

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
No problem, just wondered why you deleted a harmless post......
Because it quoted a post I deleted:)

Fareham Grecian

Nope...all I said was what a splendid bloke you were and how much I looked forward to our badinage....
Good work.

Errr..To be able to put forward the argument (as PT and others have done) that the shocking home form is having little or no effect on the attendance at SJP.....
absolutely correct of course -its all smoke and mirrors - steady as she goes ( down the swanee!)

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its all gone quiet. Not a sniff in the E&E!

iscalad

Its all gone quiet. Not a sniff in the E&E!
Too busy with non-stories.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw two blokes raising funds for this this afternoon. They were selling " I Was There When City Won At Home " t-shirts.

Unbelievable.

PeteUSA

Do you think there would be any mileage in manufacturing "I was there when City triad were tarred and feathered on cathedral green" ones?

Grecian2K

Saw two blokes raising funds for this this afternoon. They were selling " I Was There When City Won At Home " t-shirts.

Unbelievable.
Impressive translation from the original Latin there Billy! (y)

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Martin has kindly responded to me this morning with the following:

Thank you for your e-mail.

I think there have been 'crossed wires' in various discussions and at the recent Forum so I will try and set out the position as I understand it.

1. The contractual matter in question is not one the Trust Board (TB) is party to. Therefore as a TB we never expected to be commenting on or disclosing anything about it. Indeed the mover of the AGM resolution made clear both at the AGM and again at the Forum that he was not expecting or looking for any disclosure by the TB. In the light of this the TB, not being a party to the matter, has not formally sought any legal advice on the issue.

2. The contractual matter is clearly one for the Club Board (CB) and it is they who have been given legal advice on disclosure etc. The TB members of the CB have seen this advice and are satisfied with that advice in enabling them to carry out their Director responsibilities. That advice is a matter for the CB.

I hope this helps set the record straight. As you say this is a 'sensitive subject' so it is important that the TB position on this is clearly understood.
Surely though by 'owning the club', the trust should be party to all that goes on and all that affects the club?

The line of 'The TB members of the CB have seen this advice and are satisfied with that advice in enabling them to carry out their Director responsibilities' is the one that speaks volumes to me. I would hope this advice is relayed to the others on the Trust Board, rather than the chosen few on the club Board deciding they're happy with it.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Surely though by 'owning the club', the trust should be party to all that goes on and all that affects the club?
I understand what you're saying here, but the issue will surely be that disclosure via Part A of the minutes of the TB meeting or via other methods could leave the Trust very much open to legal challenge under the Data Protection Act, as Part A of the minutes are, or would be, in the public domain.

sumner7 said:
The line of 'The TB members of the CB have seen this advice and are satisfied with that advice in enabling them to carry out their Director responsibilities' is the one that speaks volumes to me. I would hope this advice is relayed to the others on the Trust Board, rather than the chosen few on the club Board deciding they're happy with it.
I presume this would be the case, again presumably covered under Part B of the minutes.