• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Incoming - Timothee Dieng

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It probably says something that he has been only previously signed by L1 sides which would suggest he has something about him. Good age (experienced but not past it) and size, looks like he is mobile and has a good effect in both boxes. Hopefully after ending up at a basket case of a club we can give him a bit of stability to show what he can do. Might not be marquee but ticks a few boxes.

Seems like the right profile for the middle of our park. Strong, athletic and able to get around the pitch. Experienced at a higher level as well. FWIW I think this looks like a good signing.

Alistair20000

Antangana mark 2. Let’s hope not.
Indeed.

:eek:

grecIAN Harris

So a new signing is greeted with the usual level of Exeweb 'meh' whereas if he'd gone elsewhere people would be wetting themselves that a decent looking signing has gone elsewhere...... ... again.🙄

budegrecian

Further addition of pace and power. Looks good to me even if he's not considered to be a marquee signing.
Welcome Timothee.

ryancooper327

So a new signing is greeted with the usual level of Exeweb 'meh' whereas if he'd gone elsewhere people would be wetting themselves that a decent looking signing has gone elsewhere...... ... again.🙄
With respect to Dieng, I don’t think anyone would be saying that. There have been a number of players go elsewhere who may have been MT’s main targets and this is a forum, people are free to say ‘I’d have liked them at City’. I don’t see anything wrong with that… Anyway, good luck to Dieng. I look forward to seeing him play.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
In fairness some good quotes attributed to Phil Brown regarding Dieng and his quality in this article.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Antangana mark 2. Let’s hope not.
Because he’s French? Bit lazy of you there!…Think positive, he could be the next Jordan Tillson :sneaky:

STURTZ

Because he’s French? Bit lazy of you there!…Think positive, he could be the next Jordan Tillson :sneaky:
Or Lloyd James.

iscalad

Or Lloyd James.
Cool. We got a fee for him when he went to FGR.