• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

In Praise of Argyle

Red the Paper

Banned
Everybody knows I have no love for Argyle, Plymouth or indeed its residents, however I spotted this on Pasoti and I can understand how they feel about the apathy from the local residents towards their home town team.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=52520

The best line from the thread in my opinion in this:

Personally I couldn't give a damn if Argyle were in the SW League, they are MY team, my Father's team (RIP), my Uncles team (RIP) and my Daughter's team.

That is the kind of support I like

Japanman

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The reality is that the number of violent and vocally unpleasant fans will always be in the minority compared to the decent ones who go to matches simply to cheer on their respective clubs. I think most fans recognize that. However, while there maybe some people who would love to see Argyle fade into the ether, there are many more who would prefer to see the rivalry between our clubs continue. You shouldn't take too much notice or the stuff that pops up on the BB.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trouble is that Gargoyle have sold off their best assets on the pitch and still have a mountain of potantial debt to face in the form of money required to see them to the end of the season.

They will still be seeking a property developing owner who will want to utilise the only real asset they have, the ground and it's environs. I can see that this is the only way that they can move forward but I'd hoped their trust may have been a greater force.

The question must be why have they been so slow to react to their burgeoning crisis? Why did it take so long to get rid of Sturrock and why didn't they enter administration sooner? They might have kept some of their better players.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
theres alot of fans down there doing everything they can to save the club they love. As there was for us. But theres is looking very difficult atm

Poultice

Personally I couldn't give a damn if Argyle were in the SW League, they are MY team, my Father's team (RIP), my Uncles team (RIP) and my Daughter's team.
Go on then. I'll take it. So if they had all turned up together they would have needed 3 tickets.

Yeah I know, I think that too, but it's like any train wreck, even if you see it coming there is still nothing you can do about it, my apologies to the Garg involved, I'll go get me coat.

You bunch of soft c*nts. Hate us, go on, we love it!!:p

Poultice

You bunch of soft c*nts. Hate us, go on, we love it!!:p
Sorry Doc, it's just that every time I think of the Gargs nowadays I get that Torquay feeling, I can seriously suggest that come April 30th the age old, adapted, chant of " We only laugh at the Argyle" could well be echoing around SJP.

Well, To be honest, I can't blame you. If the shoe was on the other foot, and all that.

I know 90% of the remarks on here is banter to a lesser degree, but some of the stuff on WOW makes me cringe, it's downright nasty venemous bilge.

Mainly from the younger/thicker, mono-celled Greeks it seems. Pfwaa - what do they know about our rivalry eh?

Still, enjoy while you can, you bastards!!;)

PS: Right - where's my bucket for tomorrow night?:D

Poultice

Well, To be honest, I can't blame you. If the shoe was on the other foot, and all that.

I know 90% of the remarks on here is banter to a lesser degree, but some of the stuff on WOW makes me cringe, it's downright nasty venemous bilge.

Mainly from the younger/thicker, mono-celled Greeks it seems. Pfwaa - what do they know about our rivalry eh?

Still, enjoy while you can, you bastards!!;)

PS: Right - where's my bucket for tomorrow night?:D
Fear not, I think you will **** safety, the Riddler has some cronies in the frame waiting for the best price, Brenda is a right hard feckker that will screw a survival deal out of somewhere and if you boys really got your act together, by which I mean broasting that road block to real change, Porker-san, on the biggest spit ever constructed, cancelled all the season tickets, got some real feel good Mo going to fill Gnome Park for your next few games, you could even effect a Trust takeover.

ps. The bucket is a good start.