• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ilmari Niskanen (Welcome)

Watch Niskanen’s first touch when ball gets switched , very good close control,also very good at winning ball back for us , admittedly he lunged in a couple of times on Saturday and got beat but his overall performance was good , he had a couple of bad games at home a few weeks ago and had a poor game away at Cambridge but overall he has been a very good signing

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watch Niskanen’s first touch when ball gets switched , very good close control,also very good at winning ball back for us , admittedly he lunged in a couple of times on Saturday and got beat but his overall performance was good , he had a couple of bad games at home a few weeks ago and had a poor game away at Cambridge but overall he has been a very good signing
Very good signing is pushing it, he’s not had anyway near enough performances to warrant that yet

He has some useful attributes but we don’t need to go overboard on every player City have in their ranks

Good squad player

JCWhoosh

He is also a Finnish international so must be something in there to suggest he is a very good player (queue remarks about the level the Fins play at etc). Getting decent coaching from both ECFC and internationally will only be positive in his development.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very good signing is pushing it, he’s not had anyway near enough performances to warrant that yet

He has some useful attributes but we don’t need to go overboard on every player City have in their ranks

Good squad player
Not sure on that Max, I think he's definitely coming good. Would agree he's not pulled up many trees so far, but he had that horrible injury not long after he joined and I think we'd all be a little apprehensive after that until we were sure it wouldn't pop again. I like him, and think the last couple of games have been his best so far.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
we don’t need to go overboard on every player City have in their ranks
Don't know which website you're on but none of our current squad get even close to being over-praised on here. I have no idea how we win any games when I see what most of you write about them.

JGrecian23

It's all personal choice. I'd rather watch Rankine play over Niskanen as he's just simply more fun to watch. I like his direct style and ability to beat a man. His crossing is pathetic but he's fun to watch.

I like to be entertained and Niskanen certainly doesn't do that. Glad he got his assist at the weekend though as now he's a 'great signing' and we should be extending his contract apparently. 😀

If Exeweb were in charge of contract extensions we would be skint pretty quickly. Oh Aimson out a block in, give him a 3 year deal. Niskanen didn't fall over his own feet for once, give him a 3 year deal ASAP. Love it on here 😀

Trampus

Rankine and Niskanen are as good as it gets at ECFC and this level. If you want better then Man City may be the team for you.

JCWhoosh

If Harris scored from Niskanen's pull back then we would be looking at 2 quality assists by driving to the byline and cutting back. The game should have been more comfortable.
Also that effort to put the striker off when through on goal was key in keeping a clean sheet. I'm not convinced anyone else in our current team would have busted a gut to get back and noticed the danger (Rankine springs to mind).
We need to keep those key moments in our minds too, not just the neat tricks that some other players bring.

JGrecian23

Rankine and Niskanen are as good as it gets at ECFC and this level. If you want better then Man City may be the team for you.
Josh Key was better than both of them so I disagree. Carry on making pointless comments though.

Trampus

Josh Key was better than both of them so I disagree. Carry on making pointless comments though.
Perhaps why he’s playing at a higher level club, stating the obvious doesn’t help your cause.