• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ilmari Niskanen (Welcome)

Bridgy 81

Never been to the Cardiff City stadium.
It’s a nice step up and easily walkable from the city centre.
The ‘new’ stadium was built opposite Ninian Park, which was then knocked down to build houses.
When I was there I had a wander around the estate.
They have a small open area and have marked where the old centre spot would have been.
I stood there for a bit thinking about some of the international captains who shook hands there over the years.
I probably looked like a bit of a weirdo!

mwallace

As a Cardiff resident I’ve been waiting a long time for the easy away game of home club vs dwelling club

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
21 March @ 19:45… Have been seriously considering it, Larry, Cardiff being less than an hour away by train. The thought of Vil, Ilmari and Amps competing at the Millennium, wow, but reckon only Amps ewill likely be playing, Vil on the bench and Ilmari not in the squad. Finnish FA site doesn’t appear to have tickets available for this one, perhaps they’ve sold out ? Unless you’re registered ‘red wall’ secondary market only for home tickets and they’re extortionate, so probably giving it a miss.

Unless word reaches our Finnish lads and we end up with a complimentary or two in the away end ! 😆
Why do you think Ilmari won't be in the squad? He has played in the last few games (when available)

elginCity

Why do you think Ilmari won't be in the squad? He has played in the last few games (when available)
Ilmari not listed in the Finnish Euro squad on the UEFA site, denzel. Accept that could change, but he'll need to find some form pretty quick !

elginCity

I probably looked like a bit of a weirdo!
So did Alan Whicker on occasion, not to worry ! :D

Ashford Grecian

Does this mean O's away game could still be on Sat?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ilmari not listed in the Finnish Euro squad on the UEFA site, denzel. Accept that could change, but he'll need to find some form pretty quick !

What even are those squad lists? Notwithstanding Tom Lockyer is in the Wales one, surely the squads aren't named five weeks before the game?!

DawlishBouy

That was their squad for their last game against Malta. Niskanen was unavailabe through injury.

elginCity

What even are those squad lists? Notwithstanding Tom Lockyer is in the Wales one, surely the squads aren't named five weeks before the game?!
UEFA ‘Official’ ones, apparently.

There’s also a squad listed for that game on the official Finnish FA site, only with Gareth Bale in the Welsh squad ! I don’t know what to make of it all !!

milts

Much better today.