• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
FT 1-3. Oh well.

STURTZ

Sounds like I saved 10 quid tonight.

denzel

No more midweek away games this season so no more ifollow for me...

andrew p long

No more midweek away games this season so no more ifollow for me...
there are the international breaks in 2022, but so ifollow games on a Saturday then but IIRC they coincide with City home games - so only useful for those of us away from Exeter

andrew p long

think it’s more of a bbc Devon radio decision than iFollow
And that, for me, is a major part of the problem. Its an Exeter City product , but a Radio Devon commentary. So we get frequent reminders about what frequency the Argyle game is on (sometimes with an implication that anyone listening to a City game must be there by mistake). Some commentators who cover mainly Argyle. Sometimes a freelance or local commentator to an away game , who can't hide their excitement when the likes of Colchester score.

And, we learnt last night that Josh Coley isn't related to Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli - and their surnames are apparently spelt differentlyo_O

Reactions: WXF

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
And that, for me, is a major part of the problem. Its an Exeter City product , but a Radio Devon commentary. So we get frequent reminders about what frequency the Argyle game is on (sometimes with an implication that anyone listening to a City game must be there by mistake). Some commentators who cover mainly Argyle. Sometimes a freelance or local commentator to an away game , who can't hide their excitement when the likes of Colchester score.

And, we learnt last night that Josh Coley isn't related to Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli - and their surnames are apparently spelt differentlyo_O
Yea you don't like to hear the commentator say 'from a neutral viewpoint like me' during the game, it just demeans the commentary as they don't really know the players or their attributes.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
yes, that made me wince too.

Alistair20000

yes, that made me wince too.
Glad I missed that.

Cringeworthy.

tonykellowfan

I often switch to the commentary from the other team, as you get an interesting view of Exeter and the players. Last night they were very complimentary about us.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I also noted that the Colchester keeper, Jake Turner, was variously described as such and as Jake Taylor, depending on which way the wind was blowing. 🤔