• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ifollow numbers from Oldham.

The retention figure is what they receive from the other clubs subscribers.

denzel

So, now the season is over, what are peoples views on ifollow, many of us having watched a lot of games on it.
For me, I was impressed that it worked every week, that there were very few tech issues, and that it has improved with the use of instant replays.
I would still like to see more than one camera angle, and for them to have dedicated commentators rather than use the radio ones. There is a huge difference between TV and radio commentary. But I guess that would cost more money.

Would I use it again? Definitely.

Would I use it if I could go to the game? Definitely not.

I suspect it has been a good income for the club when other sources have been lacking. Goodness knows how we could have assessed the season without it.

fred binneys head

Same as you Denz. I’ve watched every game this season (including the preseason friendlies, U21, U18 and youth games) and I think it’s been great. It’s certainly better than YouTube!

PeteUSA

Its been a life-saver for me, particularly throughout the past covid ridden season. My one complaint is the quality of the camera-work used to cover the games. I dont expect any more than one camera dedicated to cover our games, but that one camera could be used to far greater effect! Yesterday v Barrow for instance, I thought the coverage was abysmal. The man seemed to point his long range focus lens at the action nearly all of the time; zooming in slightly when the ball got near to either goal. I get the impression that that cameraman doesnt do regular football coverage. I would like this point taken up with iFollow, or whoever it is that supplies these cameramen. I know its not very enjoyable for somebody who gets shoved up on the gantry under sufference, but we do pay for a service.

budegrecian

Same as you Denz. I’ve watched every game this season (including the preseason friendlies, U21, U18 and youth games) and I think it’s been great. It’s certainly better than YouTube!
Likewise, I've watched every game, including friendlies & youth games. It's been a fantastic substitute for not being at the actual games. That said, it's no substitute for being at SJP & I'd still rather chose to travel all across the country, from Cornwall, than use ifollow. But for those games where I can't make it, i'd happily pay my money to watch the game on the screen. It's a massive step up from just having the radio commentary.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Despite the disappointing end to the season,this has easily been the most enjoyable one for me since I started following City with all its highs and lows(That's in complete contrast to so many people on social media glad to be be rid of this season😀).Living so far far away from City and with my personal circumstances, I am lucky to get to see City 3 times a year and that's only to away matches.I've watched City almost every Saturday and a few Tuesday matches,so I feel really pleased to have contributed to the clubs finances more than I have ever been able to.

Not sure what the future holds for ifollow. They would be stupid to ban everyone in the UK from watching the live matches once the grounds reopen again.At the very least they should still allow it for viewers living out of the region,but they will have to look at the figures for the past 9 months and decide how to minimise the impact on gate receipts.From what I have seen of the viewing figures,they have been disappointingly low,so that will support the case of some access of those in the UK to the live stream.

Only thing I would add to the improvement of the service is the introduction of 1/4,1/2 And full season tickets for the live stream.It would be easier for the fans and help the club's predict income from this easier.

Squeezebox

Living so far far away from City and with my personal circumstances, I am lucky to get to see City 3 times a year and that's only to away matches.I've watched City almost every Saturday and a few Tuesday matches,so I feel really pleased to have contributed to the clubs finances more than I have ever been able to.
Same here - would happily pay to watch again next season but no substitute for actually being there which I would still do when possible - Carlisle, Barrow & Morecambe (if they aren't promoted) all easily doable as well as slightly further afield like Rochdale. That is til I eventually move back to Devon!!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Like others, I have watched every game this past season (including going to the live games before Xmas that we were 'allowed' to go to).

Again, as others have said, iFollow has been a matchday lifesaver. Thank goodness for modern technology!

My only complaint.....nice to see replays, but not when they're being replayed over live action.

For sure we will be getting midweek games live again next season. Having renewed my ST, I will still be going to midweek home games but it's a great service for the aways.

It will be interesting to see what the EFL do with it next season. There has to be a market for exiles of every club. Probably an unpopular view, but I think, if it continued, prices are too low for live games at £10.00. Make them at least 50% more expensive, or even the same price as a big bank ticket. All extra revenue for clubs.

denzel

They would need to up the quality to justify it being £15 or more in my opinion. Remember the uproar when Premier League fans were told to fork out that for games, with proper Sky coverage and commentary. That failed, why should we settle for that?

Rosencrantz

It's certainly been indispensable this season but cannot replace the real thing for me. Will be back at SJP with my nose pressed against the turnstile door waiting for it to open as soon as we are allowed.