• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Jamie Cureton's phone is ringing in the summer...

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can debate this all we like, the only person that knows is Jamie. He's probably amounted a decent wedge in his time, but when your career is probably about to end in a couple of years max and you are 35, can you ever have too much money?

Of course Tis has offered him a contract, and of course Jamie is going to say "let's wait and see..."

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
If PT took a chance on Noble and Saunders...do you honestly think he won't try to get Cureton on a contract?
Its not an injury thing this time, though, Malcolm. Its an age thing, more comparable with Marcus Stewart. Sometime someone will offer Cureton a one year contract and regret it. Its all in the timing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Its not an injury thing this time, though, Malcolm. Its an age thing, more comparable with Marcus Stewart. Sometime someone will offer Cureton a one year contract and regret it. Its all in the timing.
Not if he decides to retire before he turns duff (something dear ol' Marcus might have considered - I think it's sad he still plays when so obviously past it).

malcolms

I wasn't comparing them like for like, just pointing out that if he was prepared to offer Noble and Saunders a contract then the risk in offering Cureton a contract because of his age was negligible.

Last edited:

RyaanECFC

Torquay - Depends on promotion
Swindon - Higher wages than us etc

Youth

I can't see him going to a club higher than ourselves. He is 35, turning 36 in August and if he moves anywhere else at this stage in his career it would be foolish of him.

He'll be here next season I reckon.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bristol City? - Although he could do a job I think they would be too arogant to take on 36 year old Curo.

Jamie would never go to Bristol City. He grew up less than a mile from where the Eastville Stadium was, he is a Rovers boy through and through plus he is absolutely loathed and hated by the Bristol City fans, they would not make him welcome at Ashton Gate.

As stated I've explained why he wouldn't go back to Rovers unless there is ever a change in the boardroom there. Saying that I reckon if he scores against them in April he wouldn't celebrate as he scored for Norwich against them last season and didn't celebrate his goal.

He has already had a spell at Swindon and it was largely an unhappy one which resulted in him going on loan to Colchester and then eventually signing for them permanently

I've got a good feeling he will be with us next season

Last edited:

ECFC Ed

I'm almost sure he will stay here, he seems like one of the few players in this country not motivated by money. He looks really happy here and I would be suprised if he moved.

andrew p long

We can debate this all we like, the only person that knows is Jamie. He's probably amounted a decent wedge in his time, but when your career is probably about to end in a couple of years max and you are 35, can you ever have too much money?
A financial adviser to the rich said that the answer to

' how much money does anyone need?'

was usually

'another million'

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
people saying tisdale took a chance on Cureton are mad....no chances taken at all , a proven player with a proven record and still enough miles in the legs to do the business for a couple seasons.

Noble was a gamble with his injury record , Cureton was a great signing.

Sign Jamie , get us into the championship lad.