• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Cureton leaves...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a pile of utter, utter sh*t...Every single player out of deal, with an agent worth a crap is looking to get the best thing possible. Its incoming interest, Buckle publically courting him etc. The one nudge I have seen is to Colchester, where his children and girlfriend live. The fact is, he is a bombproof goalscorer, and in demand. If we can't afford market price, fine we move on. Of course you would take possibly your last proper contract without doing the best for your family wouldn't you? No of course you wouldn't.
So? So what if every single player is whoring themselves round the country desperate to eke out an extra pound a week? He says he feels disheartened reading about himself on here, well how does he think we feel when we read we'll do if he can't find anything better?

As for my own position, there are other things to consider beyond money.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Out of interest when did we first offer Cureton a new deal, did we do it during the course of the season or wait until the final ball was kicked.

Maybe nobody will know but I just thought I would ask.

Last edited:

DJH2005

You sure about that? :S
In the report from the local Essex/Colchester rag, which was posted here somewhere, he was quoted as saying the U's would be a nice move because his missus still lives in Essex, and it'd be nice to live back nearer to her.

Apparently...

I remember reading in The Sun (so it must be true) that JC was living in Bristol with his dad, and his partner was in Essex. At the time I posted that this would suggest he wouldn't stay long.

I can't blame him for wanting to be closer to his partner. Looking like it's game over.

Good luck JC, and thanks.

Shame he's going.I think he would have done well for at least another season within our team.
I do think it would have been a nice courtesy for him to have maybe stated publicly that we couldn't offer enough for him to to stay.
Still,best of luck to him wherever he ends up,he did us proud while he was here.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember reading in The Sun (so it must be true) that JC was living in Bristol with his dad, and his partner was in Essex. At the time I posted that this would suggest he wouldn't stay long.

I can't blame him for wanting to be closer to his partner. Looking like it's game over.

Good luck JC, and thanks.
Exactly right. If you get around to reading this Jamie, best wishes from many of us... and good luck for the future.

If, in the future you play us...

...kick the buggers over the grandstand ;)