• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ice Station Zebra....

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
With snow on the ground, last season's 5-1 pasting of Sheff. Wed.was a tad cold but jumping up and down celebrating the 5 goals certainly helped keep me warm !
Their bald, pot bellied fan who was stripped to the waist and who kept rubbing snow on his chest and head made me feel cold that afternoon !

That was a great couple of days with the fans turning up to shift the snow and ice on Friday and the Saturday morning with Norrie serving up hot coffee.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coldest I've ever been is a t*ss up between 1 night in the carpathians where it got so cold we actually cracked our tent when we tried to open the door in the morning and -35C in Hokkaido Japan the other week, with the wind chill it was brutal. i've seen a thermometer bottom out at -40 in Canada but it didn't feel too bad at all because it was really dry, that night in the carpathianswe were actually reduced to tears it was that painfully cold. A few days later we had to call in mountain rescue because we found some German guy who was suffering from exposure from trying to Bivvy instead of getting off the mountain.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Buy Rab Extreme clothing! Never mind Crapbrini![y]

Last edited:

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Coldest I've ever been is a t*ss up between 1 night in the carpathians where it got so cold we actually cracked our tent when we tried to open the door in the morning and -35C in Hokkaido Japan the other week, with the wind chill it was brutal. i've seen a thermometer bottom out at -40 in Canada but it didn't feel too bad at all because it was really dry, that night in the carpathianswe were actually reduced to tears it was that painfully cold. A few days later we had to call in mountain rescue because we found some German guy who was suffering from exposure from trying to Bivvy instead of getting off the mountain.
[y]:D...........that's my boy!

Red Devon

I'D say Notts County in 09 was my coldest!

heathy1

Millwall a couple seasons back was blemin freezing!
Thats the one I was thinking, watching attack after attack from Millwall

Chudleigh Cannon

-10 on the summit of Mont Blanc 14 years ago, got frost nip waiting for others in party, feet have never neen the same since!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wasn't Ebbsfleet at home a few seasons back in the Setanta Shield really cold? And to add to the pleasure the game finished 0-0 and went to penalties.

edindevon

Vs Ebbsfleet at SJP in the Sentanta Shield on a freezing night in December 2007. I shouldn't have gone because I already had a bad cold and after 90 minutes I was in a right state. It's the only match in 25 years of watching City that I've left early. I just couldn't face shuddering though extra time.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Some years ago, snow and ice climbing in the Cairngorms, was more than a tadge nippy! And some bright spark thought tuna sandwiches would make ideal packed lunches. Believe me, fish flavoured crushed ice does not make an ideal filling ...