• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I don’t understand

thermopylai

This has been one of the most unpleasant weeks to be a City fan in a long, long time. Worse than relegation from League 1. The crushing disapointment of Monday, followed by seeing the most toxic and often downright nasty atmosphere develop: some of the comments on Exeweb have been beyond the pale. No one emerges well from this week, not the Club Board, Tis himself, the fans or even the Trust (and I say that as a great believer in the Trust). Its all been ******ing awful (and yes, I know some on here have enjoyed it, but that's even more worrying). I am increasingly under the impression that there has been a lot of politics going on behind the scenes, with various parties playing one another off against each other. I do not believe it was not simply a case of a rejected contract.

As a Tis supporter I am sad to see him go - not just in terms of him actually leaving (that had to happen one day) but to leave under such negative circumstances, which may tarnish the memories, and the huge amount of good he has done.

But now its crucial to move on with a positive appointment that continues the postives of Tis' tenure - so I am hoping Taylor and/or Oakley. I reckon there was a serious fall out between certain individuals, and that will not heal overnight just with Tis going. There is a disturbing and bitter rift among the fans, but the best way to deal with that is a new manager who appreciates both the aspects that made him popular with some, and the reasons some criticised him.

Last edited:

100milesaway

This has been one of the most unpleasant weeks to be a City fan in a long, long time. Worse than relegation from League 1. The crushing disapointment of Monday, followed by seeing the most toxic and often downright nasty atmosphere develop: some of the comments on Exeweb have been beyond the pale. No one emerges well from this week, not the Club Board, Tis himself, the fans or even the Trust (and I say that as a great believer in the Trust). Its all been ******ing awful (and yes, I know some on here have enjoyed it, but that's even more worrying). I am increasingly under the impression that there has been a lot of politics going on behind the scenes, with various parties palying one another off against each other.

As a Tis supporter I am sad to see him go - not just in terms of him actually leaving (that had to happen one day) but to leave under such negative circumstances, which may tarnish the memories, and the huge amount of good he has done.

But now its crucial to move on with a positive appointment that continues the postives of Tis' tenure - so I am hoping Taylor and/or Oakley. I reckon there was a serious fall out between certain individuals, and that will not heal overnight just with Tis going. There is a disturbing and bitter rift among the fans, but the best way to deal with that is a new manager who appreciates both the aspects that made him popular with some, and the reasons some criticised him.
Well said sir

A very sad end to , what I consider, a great era

Benguin

This has been one of the most unpleasant weeks to be a City fan in a long, long time. Worse than relegation from League 1. The crushing disapointment of Monday, followed by seeing the most toxic and often downright nasty atmosphere develop: some of the comments on Exeweb have been beyond the pale. No one emerges well from this week, not the Club Board, Tis himself, the fans or even the Trust (and I say that as a great believer in the Trust). Its all been ******ing awful (and yes, I know some on here have enjoyed it, but that's even more worrying). I am increasingly under the impression that there has been a lot of politics going on behind the scenes, with various parties playing one another off against each other. I do not believe it was not simply a case of a rejected contract.

I agree with what you have written wholeheartedly.
Been very depressed this week and hope for good news.
Please god no shouty journeyman.

100milesaway

Please not Ian Holloway

Nice guy, amusing but please no

Pull yourself together man. That first paragraph is pathetic. It was a crap week until today. Now it is our best ever week. Enjoy.

thermopylai

Pull yourself together man. That first paragraph is pathetic. It was a crap week until today. Now it is our best ever week. Enjoy.
Ah, one of the usual suspects. As I said, some people seemed to enjoy it... it does make you wonder. Best week ever? Enjoy your trolling...

Anyway, the appointment of MT is first good piece of good news in a long while. Next week will be better.

I really don't understand what the problem was with what the trust did as they forced the club board to do what was should of done the moment we got relegated from league one in my opinion, they could/should of done this quietly and not in public domain. Had the club board done a sensible job of running the club they could of just come out after x weeks with a statement to say that after negations the club and manager had agreed a new fixed term contact or even a 1 year rolling contract as that would of still given security to both sides.

Think about it this way on the 2 year roller we were up for 2 years salary plus entitlements to be paid out on his sacking, which would of been approximately 300k that would seriously impacted on the player budget for any new manager coming in as even if the club didn't pass all the cost onto the player budget, it would of had to be effected to some degree even if it was 150k for that first season. This would mean we couldn't of afforded the wages of some players like Stockley for example.