• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How to Spend our Windfall

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just an aside from talking about promotion for a moment ............... Due to Ollie's exploits we are due an unexpected windfall of I believe £112k or therabouts. So if you were the 'Chairman of the Board' what would you advise we do with the money? Some suggestions could include (but please feel free to come up with any others please):

1) Further improvements to the pitch in the closed season as required to build upon what took place this past season

2) Plug the gap in the increase in the planned building project at the training ground

3) Improved salary offer to Jevani Brown (one of the few remaining not to have accepted a longer deal)

4) Rip out and replace the fading red seats in the Doble Stand

I'm torn between the training ground and making Jevani an offer he can't refuse as I feel he is so important to how we play. Thoughts ...

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which league we are playing in next season will come into my ponderings.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which league we are playing in next season will come into my ponderings.
Al, most of the above will be pertinant regardless of division

Red Devon

I would lean to being particularly competitive in the transfer market this Summer when it comes to strengthening in the strikers department especially IF we’re in League One.

Alistair20000

I would lean to being particularly competitive in the transfer market this Summer when it comes to strengthening in the strikers department especially IF we’re in League One.
My thinking too if we intend to prosper in League 1 (assuming we get there)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just an aside from talking about promotion for a moment ............... Due to Ollie's exploits we are due an unexpected windfall of I believe £112k or therabouts. So if you were the 'Chairman of the Board' what would you advise we do with the money? Some suggestions could include (but please feel free to come up with any others please):

1) Further improvements to the pitch in the closed season as required to build upon what took place this past season

2) Plug the gap in the increase in the planned building project at the training ground

3) Improved salary offer to Jevani Brown (one of the few remaining not to have accepted a longer deal)

I'm torn between the training ground and making Jevani an offer he can't refuse as I feel he is so important to how we play. Thoughts ...
SJ As a result of Ollie’s involvement with England we have pocketed 6 x £37.5k = £225K + (after his starting last night) £75K so a total of £300K.

Memphis09

Definitely offer Sam Stubbs a longer much improved contract that would be my priority

budegrecian

Has Jevani actually been offered a longer deal? I wasn't aware he had turned anything down.

Alistair20000

Al, most of the above will be pertinant regardless of division
Up to a point but Red Devon's thinking is in line with mine.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Totally agree so it’s definitely Jevani for me.