• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many fans to Wembley

Temporarily Exiled

I can't see it being more than last year. Hopefully it doesn't affect the team, and we can do the job this year.

contrabombarde

I can't see it being more than last year. Hopefully it doesn't affect the team, and we can do the job this year.
I would have thought that as it is a public holiday this would encourage more people to attend. There should also be enormous support for either Notts County or Coventry...who would we prefer to play? I'm not sure but think we can win this whichever it is.

Temporarily Exiled

I would have thought that as it is a public holiday this would encourage more people to attend. There should also be enormous support for either Notts County or Coventry...who would we prefer to play? I'm not sure but think we can win this whichever it is.
Last year we were riding a wave in a way we hadn't in years - and it was our first Wembley appearance in near enough a decade. This year doesn't have that, bank holiday or not.

I'd rather play Notts County, honestly. While we've beaten and lost to both, Cov's support at Wembley will be massive for them.

Last edited:

magiccity1

Who out of Coventry or Notts County will take more fans to Wembley?

Temporarily Exiled

Who out of Coventry or Notts County will take more fans to Wembley?
Coventry, without a doubt. The whole city goes for a day out when Coventry go to Wembley.

Terryhall

Fourth time there, bank holiday Monday, got to be around 15k
Not in Switzerland sadly and I can't get the time off work :'(

3pm kickoff (4pm in Switzerland) means I won't even be able to watch on the telly :(

That said I missed the first leg of the semi final due to prior arrangements for Swiss mothers day - I missed last nights match due to prior family commitments that I really couldn't reschedule - and to round things off I missed the last promotion playoff at Wembley because the Irish pub in town refused to switch over from the GAA.

So perhaps it's a good omen when I don't get to watch the games :D

JayPob94

I shall be there.

Flights booked last night. Train to inverness then flying to London for a weekend.

Cant wait!!!

eurogrecian

Not in Switzerland sadly and I can't get the time off work :'(
All work and no play for the Schweizerdeutsch.
We're allowed to take days off in at this end of the Confederation!

Terryhall

All work and no play for the Schweizerdeutsch.
We're allowed to take days off in at this end of the Confederation!
Normally I would be too, but the catholic bank holidays on 9/19th May, 21st May and 31st May all mean that taking an extra Monday off in between would be a bit of a challenge...