• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

how does City's current form rate 1)historically 2)nationally

IBA

Presuming we beat Wycombe

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Presuming we beat Wycombe
Waddya mean? Presuming!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably not easy to answer this but I do think it is highly unlikely that we have had such a run of results before. We had an incredible run of home wins in our Championship winning season but just could not buy an away win.

Antony Moxey

1) Rather well
2) Top of the tree

Number13

Can someone find out? Is 29 points from 33 (or as it would have been years ago, 20 from 22) as good a run as we have had?

Countrywise, I cant imagine anyone has that return?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would guess it might have been beaten over the years but very rarely. Arsenal had the unbeaten premiership season but don't know if they had a run as part of that with many wins. I think they drew quite a lot of games considering the points total wasn't a record.

Would think it's very possible that it's our best run over eleven games. We got seven wins and two draws from the final nine games of the championship season so didn't quite match it then.

Last edited:

ECFCNo1

This is the football league power rankings prior to tonight's game. Makes for good reading.

Attachments

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently this is the first time we've won 6 on the bounce since 1976. [G]

denzel

This is the football league power rankings prior to tonight's game. Makes for good reading.
Why are they showing 5-1-0 instead of 6-0-0? Do they need to update?

haka

I'm getting deja-vu here ...

http://www.11v11.com/teams/exeter-city/tab/matches/season/1979/

Due to postponements, we played 6 home games out of 7, and won them all (drew away). You don't want to know how/where the run ended ... !

The team started the run by getting dumped out of the FA Cup, or I started the run by moaning about the useless manager, Brian Godfrey. Yep, deja-vu ...