• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hopes and Expectations for the coming season

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do people always want to run players into something they're not? Leave Law where he is where is more than effective enough and concentrate on getting a proper striker who can score 15-20 goals a season to play beside Bowman.
Yes, ideally we will get that striker.

Temporarily Exiled

Doesn’t Lee Martin say he likes playing down the middle? How about him behind Bowman in a 4-4-1-1?
I hope that's where we see him next season, in a more fluid attack he may even be switching around with Law on the left flank during games.

STURTZ

My hope is that Randall Williams fits into that role behind Bowman, get the feeling he's got more goals in him.

Not too worried about new signings for the coming season, my hope is always that we've got our own talent to break through.

grecIAN Harris

Doesn’t Lee Martin say he likes playing down the middle? How about him behind Bowman in a 4-4-1-1?
Yes, apparently he does have this preference but for me that's still no and no. You still need somebody who is going to score goals beside of and not behind Bowman. And for me, irrespective of whether he likes to play in the middle, I think Lee Martin is best playing wide in a midfield and not part of any kind of strike force. He doesn't play far enough forward for this to work for him. In the games he has been asked to play either in behind the striker or wide of a front three he has always been ten yards to deep.

Stelios

Yes, apparently he does have this preference but for me that's still no and no. You still need somebody who is going to score goals beside of and not behind Bowman. And for me, irrespective of whether he likes to play in the middle, I think Lee Martin is best playing wide in a midfield and not part of any kind of strike force. He doesn't play far enough forward for this to work for him. In the games he has been asked to play either in behind the striker or wide of a front three he has always been ten yards to deep.
Yes I don't really see him as No. 10 or part of a front line. But can't he play in the middle somewhere ratting about? I don't know. I haven't got a clue tactically. Where was he playing at Gillingham? He mentioned when he first started here that he wasn't used to playing out wide and was trying to get used to it.

I can't see MT changing things too much because he was brilliant in the 2nd half of the season and is a superb crosser with both feet. He's really talented.