• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home ticket news 2023/24

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that must be it. It does make you start to wonder what if...? What if we were able to offer more seating? What if the facilities in the Stanno stand and Nevada stand were replicated in the Bank? What kind of attendances could we be looking at?
Smaller. Seats will always be a smaller capacity than terracing.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Smaller. Seats will always be a smaller capacity than terracing.
I didn't say bolt seats onto the terracing on the Big Bank. I was wondering how many seats we could sell if there was more capacity in the two seated stands. And if the Bank had better facilities would that make fans more likely to return / spend more each visit?

Unless we do something radical at SJP or move we'll never know.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't say bolt seats onto the terracing on the Big Bank. I was wondering how many seats we could sell if there was more capacity in the two seated stands. And if the Bank had better facilities would that make fans more likely to return / spend more each visit?

Then we'll never know. IMO increasing capacity and revenue at SJP a bit is theoretically possible by filling in all the corners and replacing the away end with a small double deck seated stand, but unless the numbers have improved since this was last studied (and I imagine they have got worse) the cost per seat relative to potential revenue is simply not viable, absent a sugar daddy donating £millions, and there is nowadays nowhere we could move to - all the realistic sites have been developed and Sandy Park is too expensive and logistically difficult to ground-share.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oxford have sold out their allocation. Almost certain this will be a sell out now.

Antony Moxey

Radical you say? OK then:

demolish the Big Bank and put a double decker stand there instead. It could sit slightly further back and, because of the student accommodation, be slightly higher. We might even be able to match the BB's current capacity but with seats instead, or have seats above and terracing below.

Then fill in the corner between the BB and the Shed.

Move the pitch towards the newly built BB and shorten it also. There are maximum and minimum pitch sizes, as far as I know we're above the minimum size.

Demolish the away end. With a larger footprint (because of the BB moving back, the pitch moving and shortening too) a much larger away end could be build. I don't see why we couldn't actually build a bigger stand than the NOG. We can then move the away fans to the NOG and have the away end as a wholly home end.

Fill in the corner between the old away end and the Shed.

Reckon that'll give us all the capacity we'll ever need.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Radical you say? OK then:

demolish the Big Bank and put a double decker stand there instead. It could sit slightly further back and, because of the student accommodation, be slightly higher. We might even be able to match the BB's current capacity but with seats instead, or have seats above and terracing below.

Then fill in the corner between the BB and the Shed.

Move the pitch towards the newly built BB and shorten it also. There are maximum and minimum pitch sizes, as far as I know we're above the minimum size.

Demolish the away end. With a larger footprint (because of the BB moving back, the pitch moving and shortening too) a much larger away end could be build. I don't see why we couldn't actually build a bigger stand than the NOG. We can then move the away fans to the NOG and have the away end as a wholly home end.

Fill in the corner between the old away end and the Shed.

Reckon that'll give us all the capacity we'll ever need.
Now you're talking. I knew you'd get round to my way of thinking eventually.

Antony Moxey

Now you're talking. I knew you'd get round to my way of thinking eventually.
Not entirely sure on that one. Didn't you want to rotate the pitch 90 degrees?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not entirely sure on that one. Didn't you want to rotate the pitch 90 degrees?
Well, if we're going ultra-radical then yes.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oxford have sold out their allocation. Almost certain this will be a sell out now.
Not surprised. I always thought last game of the season was generally a sell out...

denzel

It is amazing considering the vast majority of home games have been poor. Perhaps more people have bought into the complete day out at the football stadium ? The facility’s in the Stanno Stand certainly help that side of things.
I'm hopeful that the club are taking note and looking at increasing the capacity albeit incrementally, ASAP.