• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well Croatia won't happen this year. We recently rehomed a couple of cats and although our children will look after them we've decided to stay at home. Plus we really can't afford it, finances are a struggle, and it's the wife's 60th next year and she's taking us all to Charlestown, N Carolina.

Anyways, on Saturday we're catching a couple of trains down to Barcelona, then the following day down to Andalusia to visit Seville, Cordoba and Granada, flying back from Malaga at the end. Really looking forward to visiting Moorish Spain. Our son is cat sitting the weekend and our daughter will home work from our place during the week. :)
Andalusia is fantastic. The white towns are beautiful, Granada is nice and Seville is stunning. I’m sure you will have a great time

Avening Posse

We are off to the Whitsunday islands in June which is off the coast of Queensland. Hoping to snorkel above the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef

Oldsmobile-88

Andalusia is fantastic. The white towns are beautiful, Granada is nice and Seville is stunning. I’m sure you will have a great time
🎶I’m flying in on a DC 10 tonight 🎶

Apologies just singing a Clash number when i saw Andalusia & Granada mentioned 😁

iscalad

Apologies just singing a Clash number when i saw Andalusia & Granada mentioned 😁
Thank goodness I had my sound turned off😁

cannockred

Alhambra in Granada is well worth a visit.
Book in advance hants. It will guarantee entry. Also when I cordoba, you have to visit the mezquita. Amazing game your suncream , it will be in the high 30's. Also spend some time in Malaga if you can and visit the gibralfaro moorish castle. It's a 2Euro bus ride ( number 35 ) from the alameda gardens

angelic upstart

Oh ma corazon!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Alhambra in Granada is well worth a visit.
The wife's booked it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sounds fantastic Hants. I really do get quite jealous of your trips, but at the same time love seeing your pics. 😊
I do wonder about a Moho though. My big brother is off to Bruges today and is love that flexibility of moving around and not worry about finding hotels at a sensible price!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing really planned as usual - couple of weeks down at Mum's in Dorset at some point (albeit coming back up for Cricket on the Saturday in between...).

Next year we might be a little different in terms of what we do but will depend on finances - Madam's GCSE year so she'll be finished earlier than normal meaning we can maybe get away before the prices go up in the regular school holidays. Rather morbidly we could do a proper USA trip but the financing of this depends on either one of the (in their late 80s) in-laws or my terminally ill father popping off. Would rather delay this trip if I'm honest...!

Alistair20000

We were in Seville for a few days in September 2019.
It’s a lovely place and was baking hot when we were there even going into the beginning of October.
We spent all our visit in the city itself apart from a public bus ride a few miles out to the roman ruins, Italica.
They’re well worth a visit if you get the chance.
We were keen to explore the area further so had booked to return in the summer of 2020, but of course COVID put a stop to that.
Echo what you say about Seville Bridgy: a beautiful city. Loved the trams too. River boat trip was very pleasant. We went mid September for my brother's birthday. It was bleddy hot. Just a long weekend so did not do any trips away from the city. Some amazing tapas in a back street. 3/4 tapas each for four of us cost only 59 Euros including a bottle of Rioja. Don't know how they do it.