• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Here's a thing : Everton survey fans

Legohead

Banned
The other thing about surveys is that the clubs should only ask questions about criteria that they are able to change or would consider changing if the responses indicated it would be everyone's interests to do so.

For example:

Do you think the ticket prices at Goodison Park are a) too high b) too low c) about right

100% of those surveyed (which is probably 39 out of a 40,000 crowd sample) think they are too high so we CAN consider reducing ticket prices in light of this but we won't, concludes the Everton survey man.

Do you think the Everton players show loyalty to the club? a) yes - Rooney is my loyalty role model b) no - they're all a bunch of selfish buffoons c) neither do / don't - i'm a fence sitter of the highest order with no opinions to call my own.

100% of those surveyed said that no, they don't think the players are loyal to the club so we COULD have a word with them all and tell them to be more loyal and that should do the trick, but we won't (like it would make a difference).

If clubs are willing to change things based on the feedback given then surveys are fantastic for fans and fan engagement but i suspect a lot clubs simply do them as an exercise of PR necessity with no intention of taking any of the findings on board let alone acting on them.

Unless the ticket prices were deemed as ok then they would probably bump them up a pound or two. :)

In the case of Exeter City, i would like to (and do) believe that their surveys are conducted with the primary aim of getting feedback from the supporters so that the club can suitably adjust / change certain things if necessary based on the results and not undertaken simply as a PR job.

Last edited:

Terryhall

Don't some people get paid for doing surveys? Might be able to increase my attention span if there's money involved.
Not sure what the UK equivalent would be, but I get regular (1-2 week) surveys e-mailed to me by the Link Institut - https://www.link.ch/?lang=en - there must be similar market research agencies in the UK that would do something similar.

For each survey I take, depending on how long it goes, I can claim a "reward" at the end of it - not sure now exactly what all the options are, I tend to take the "reward" of them making a donation to the WWF on my behalf (and it tends to be 1 to 2 francs each time, depending on the survey)

Legohead

Banned
So long as it's the animal WWF and not the wrestlers Terry then good on you. (y)

Terryhall

So long as it's the animal WWF and not the wrestlers Terry then good on you. (y)
Hulk Hogan needs our support now more than ever! (But yes, it's the animal WWF :))

Legohead

Banned
Hulk Hogan needs our support now more than ever! (But yes, it's the animal WWF :))
:D

He does but he's not getting it!

While they are on the subject of surveys. The best bit comes at the end when you asked for your comments on how things can be improved.

A Sky TV one i had recently i just wrote, give me cheaper telly and never show Argyle live.

Last edited: