• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Helping the 1931 Fund

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can Exeweb help 1931 Fund towards £100,000 target

I'm posting this on behalf of Alan Crockford:

The 1931 Fund, which currently pays around half the wages of City number 31 Joel Grant, is striving to raise £30,000 this season taking its total investment in Exeter City Number 31s to £100,000.

We at Exeweb would like to help, and our appeal is targeted in particular at those Exewebbers who want to play their part in helping fellow fans reach such an impressive
milestone without being able to commit to the monthly £19 payments needed to sign up for the fund.

You may also want to think about doing this as a novel Christmas present for a fellow Grecian!

Our aim is to raise a quick £1,000 for the 1931 Fund, and we’ll help you to help us get there.

For the first 30 people who pay at least £23.33 as a one-off payment to the 1931 Fund, we at Exeweb will chip in an extra £10 to top up your donations to £33.33.

If 30 of us can get involved in this way, we’ll have raised a much needed £1,000 for the 1931 Fund.

You can donate via Paypal to [email protected] or email the 1931 Fund via the same address for bank or address details.

If you want to give this as a Christmas gift, the 1931 Fund are happy to send a voucher – with a card if you wish – confirming that a payment of £33.33 (or more if you donated more than the £23.33) has been made in their name to the 1931 Fund. Again, just email the 1931 Fund with details of who you want the card /voucher sent to.

Please try to help if you can. This was a scheme started on Exeweb and supported by genuine fans committing to pay their subs each month, so it would be fantastic if we could give them a £1,000 boost towards that incredible £100,000 target.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He may not have scored yesterday, but by all accounts he had a good game. Anyone want to contribute to the 1931 fund?

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks to Paul and all at Exeweb for the generous offer. Is anybody up for this, please?

Raising £100,000 would be a pretty big deal for a group of fans responding to a speculative Exeweb thread, right? All help welcome!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fantastic idea and as a 1931er since the beginning I hope the initiative is well supported by all City fans.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic idea and as a 1931er since the beginning I hope the initiative is well supported by all City fans.
How is the fund going and is Christmas the end date or will it continue until monies raised. Possibly competing for funds at the moment with the Wimbledon sponsorship as well as Christmas itself.

What about having a prize draw, say every participant is entered into a draw for a ticket or two for the next big match i.e. Liverpool(that's if you can get hold of a couple - there are a couple of priority members offering their options who can't make the match, could you use them, will also help raise more money for the club?)

Good luck - perhaps also a sticky as well whilst the fund is going would participate but already a 1931er and considering the match day sponsorship once the Christmas mist rises above the finances

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for that. Doesn't look like there's a lot of - well any - interest in this, just now. As you say, possibly my timing is as rubbish as ever.

The 1931 Fund is doing okay at the moment, albeit - to my mind at least - our purpose is a bit muddled for the second year running since we're part-funding a more experienced player rather than stumping up the money for a young'un.

This year, we have to raise £30,000 to pay around half of the wages for Joel Grant. And when we hit that target, it will mean we'll have raised £100,000 for ECFC No.31s since we started the fund here on Exeweb in 2009.

We hope to raise £15,000 in donations from our own members this season - all going to plan there thus far - plus a further £15,000 in partnership with ECFC. We're yet to announce how we'll do the latter; hopefully a plan will come together soon...

As ever, email us at exiles@sky,com for more info.

If anyone does want to chip in, the Paypal address is as above.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Still going strong and a good way for people to help the club, especially Exiles. £19 a month or get together with some mates.

£15,000 will go a long way next season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
A month on and a month away from the start of the season, in these trying times the club are helping to promote the fund for AC https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/-join-the--1931-fund/

Anybody that can spare the cash would be greatly appreciated I am sure

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We should know the new number 31 soon. Seems it won't be a new signing.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We should know the new number 31 soon. Seems it won't be a new signing.
Probably be Smerdon again won't it? Could possibly be James Dodd to help him through his injuries I suppose.