• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Has the Home Park fear factor finally been extinguished?

supernova

Still quite can't believe our result down the road. I was bated by President Chris Webb and other scummy Neanderthals on a number of occasions in the lead up to the match, with their usual blarney ''enjoy your day out at a real football club #cupfinalforyou'' etc. I think for years, our fans and probably players , have dreaded going down there and their so called fans have known this. They were for a few years a semi decent football side, especially when they signed Jamie Mackie from us, and our form against them in the late 90s and early 00's was indeed terrible.

If you have ever read Pasoti, pass which they can't, you'll know why I'm posting this here instead of banter base. They have loved sticking it to us on their main football chat forum because they know many of us here read it, especially around Derby Days. The truth is now though that they're now petrified of us beating them every time we play them, which I believe could happen for years if we keep this core group of local youngsters together and Liam spilling blood for us. Is it any coincidence we have beaten them twice this season with Exeter born and bred players in the side?

The fear factor has taken a massive dent in my opinion, I'll drink to that

Utter Terry

We need a song to celebrate the tectonic shift of power from Cornwall to Devon.

" Double , double , double ... The City have done the double .... And the shight from Home Park are left in the dark .... Cos City have done the double ... Double , double , double ... The City have done the double .....

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The trouble with putting this on WoWs is that you'll get the "Neanderthals" as you call them coming on here!

supernova

it is a legitimate question, wasn't sure if it was banter base worthy. maybe go back to chewing on your Hunny Bun

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
The next step is we need to do it on a Saturday when we have taken 1500 to 2000 there and are expecting a result. Certainly it is true that while we are in the same league they are nothing to fear.

motorservices

i said on tuesday night that knome park had a very hostile atmos whenever we go there, yet Tues it didnt feel like that, even when they scored they didnt make the same roar as they use to, i believe they know that we know that we can smash them, so they dont bother

supernova

i said on tuesday night that knome park had a very hostile atmos whenever we go there, yet Tues it didnt feel like that, even when they scored they didnt make the same roar as they use to, i believe they know that we know that we can smash them, so they dont bother
Yeah totally. Felt completely different to previous visits. We outsang 12000 of them

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really spot on.