• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartridge departs on loan to Bath City (6-months)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we could sign Kane I would be over the moon. Please do it : I'm convinced he has very good potential
Have a little fantasy that we manage to get Kane in on a permanent deal. That would be the final piece of the jigsaw in my opinion. Would fancy us to go up.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We should see Hartridge in the EFL Trophy games and if we enter in the U23s Premier Cup thing.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have a little fantasy that we manage to get Kane in on a permanent deal. That would be the final piece of the jigsaw in my opinion. Would fancy us to go up.
I share your dream totally. Real competition for Sweeney is needed. Kane is young and more energetic/dynamic. Can play right back/right midfield and if necessary left back.

Ian Tarr

It's easy to forget that Kane is still only 19.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Matty do it I say (shame this is all on a thread about Hartridge though)

andrew p long

If he did sign there would be a large percentage sell-on to West Brom to compensate for the lack of fees we can pay, as long as there is no clause like Stockley's in it, where the club's power to negotiate is stripped from them I wouldn't mind
I think this ( and TE’s analysis in the next post) is correct.

It is about devising a structure that works for everyone including WBA. So say a free but with a big ( say 50%) sell on. Or a free with a fixed price ( say 750k) at which WBA can buy him back at any summer plus first option on any other sale of Kane.

Grecian Max

Yeh maybe a bit like the Williams deal.

budegrecian

Is this a thread about Alex Hartridge or Kane Wilson?
In terms of Hartridge; we now have three experienced left sided defenders in Parkes, Deanno & Woodman. It is very possible that this is the last season for both Deanno & Craig Woodman, so it makes good sense to get both Hartridge & Noah out on lon to get game time & experience before, hopefully, becoming integral members of the squad next season.
In addition to concentrating on the forthcoming season, MT also appears to be cleverly planning for the future.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this a thread about Alex Hartridge or Kane Wilson?
From what I can see, the thread's mainly about discussing non-deviation from thread titles.

As for Hartridge, personally think he looks more like a centre back from what I've seen (not a huge amount). Maybe he's number 3 behind Parkes and Deano.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's with the obsession with Kane Wilson ??

He's a decent young player however there are plenty of them out there.