• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Lee

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jed Ward is 2 years older than Harry Lee, pretty sure if he's still with us in 2 years he'll be No 1. As usual I think we had placed too high a price on his head, hence why he hasn't gone anywhere this window as expected and gone back out on loan! The Man City keeper who is the same age as Harry has gone out on loan to FC Utd of Manchester this week which is the same level! Shows how much harder it is for a keeper than an outfield player.
Jed Ward is 20, Harry is 19. Serious question if anyone has the answer what age was Cooper when he started playing 1st team for Argyle. The issue for me isn't Harry's age but whether he is good enough which I have no idea on. If he is then tell him he will be number one next season and why wouldn't he then sign a new deal. We then get a player we can probably sell for major money and he gets experience at a good level which he wont if he leaves in the summer

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jed Ward is 20, Harry is 19. Serious question if anyone has the answer what age was Cooper when he started playing 1st team for Argyle. The issue for me isn't Harry's age but whether he is good enough which I have no idea on. If he is then tell him he will be number one next season and why wouldn't he then sign a new deal. We then get a player we can probably sell for major money and he gets experience at a good level which he wont if he leaves in the summer
"Michael Cooper made his professional debut in a League One game away to Blackburn Rovers aged 18 years and 6 days old. "

"On 5 September 2020, Cooper started in the first match of the Argyle season, playing Queens Park Rangers in the first round of the EFL Cup. Argyle won 3–2 after a spectacular performance from Cooper. Cooper held onto the starting position for the 2020–21 season."

So as a regular from age 20 years 11 months.

Last edited:

denzel

Isn't Jedward playing in goal due to injury to their keeper though? Harry would only have had a chance with us had Sinisalo been injured, I don't know if there is a possibility of a recall if that does happen.
Sometimes you have to get a lucky break to get ahead.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't Jedward playing in goal due to injury to their keeper though? Harry would only have had a chance with us had Sinisalo been injured, I don't know if there is a possibility of a recall if that does happen.
Sometimes you have to get a lucky break to get ahead.
I thought it was because their loan keeper was crap!

AmberRed

Jed ward is 21 in May, so has always been 2 years/age groups older coming up through their prospective academies. Ward has now got a manager that understands the importance of bringing their own players through.

DawlishBouy

andrew p long

Broken forearm. End of his loan and season.

Time to get him signed to a new contract for next season (and beyond)

Last edited:
Sorry for Harry, but he has just under 5 months to recover from this to the start of next season. Agfee with other posters, it is time to give him a new contract, provided the club and Kev Miller are ok with this.
My only concern is that the last City goalkeeper to get a similar injury to this was never the same afterwards - Lewis Ward.

Boyo

Sorry for Harry, but he has just under 5 months to recover from this to the start of next season. Agfee with other posters, it is time to give him a new contract, provided the club and Kev Miller are ok with this.
My only concern is that the last City goalkeeper to get a similar injury to this was never the same afterwards - Lewis Ward.
I would be very surprised if we haven't already offered a contract. I suspect it's Harry not signing is the issue.

Leads

How many actual minutes has he played for us? Feels like he's been on the verge of the first team for about 5 years, but that can't be right.

I would imagine Caldwell will try and get another young prem keeper in on loan for next season...