• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wasn’t aware of this, although I’m not entirely surprised. I presume that you have some inside information, as I don’t think it’s been made public by the club yet.
Thought he went to Tiverton on loan...

Memphis09

Harry hasn't started a league game this year. Its plain he's so far down the pecking order he wouldn't get much game time at all at ECFC.

Part of this is due to the fact that Harry isn't the type of midfield player best suited to GC's way of playing.

If we'd sacked GC and were going down this season Harry would be an important part of next season's squad. As it is a fresh start is in everyone's interest.
Part of that is also he is always getting injured

tom_ecfc

I'd be interested to know if he was offered a contract or not. I had always been led to believe that he hadn't. I think this is a sign of where we have come as a club, and the type of player GC is looking for.

I can see him ending up at Yeovil.
KN‘s latest interview suggested both Harry Kite & Alex Hartridge decided off their own back to leave. Didn’t mention if a contract was offered though, so read into that what you want…

andrew p long

KN‘s latest interview suggested both Harry Kite & Alex Hartridge decided off their own back to leave. Didn’t mention if a contract was offered though, so read into that what you want…
Yes, but if you haven't started a game for 3 months you'd be daft to ask for another contract where you wouldn't play next season either.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweenz latest column in Devon Live said the club did offer Harry a contract so read into that what you want :love:

cannockred

Yes, but if you haven't started a game for 3 months you'd be daft to ask for another contract where you wouldn't play next season either.
Not sure about that. If someone offered me a grand a week to do next to nothing, I would take them up on it.

Mind you, I am retired so I do already 🙂

arthur

Sweenz latest column in Devon Live said the club did offer Harry a contract so read into that what you want :love:
As I’m sure you’ll have heard by now, Kitey has turned down the offer of a new contract and opted to leave the club at the end of the season. With that in mind, it was a real shame that the crossbar denied him the opportunity to mark his return to the first team with a goal on what was his 100th appearance for the club.

Another product of the club’s academy, Harry’s a great guy who will be much missed. Unfortunately, with circumstances rather conspiring against him this season, he hasn’t played as many games as he would have liked and, that being the case, I can understand why he’s decided his future lies elsewhere – wherever he rocks up, I’m sure, like Jack Sparkes this season, he will prove a huge asset for his new club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The interview will be broadcast on Saturday, but in the meantime here's the article

CWH-NYC_

The pre match interview with Harry is well worth a listen to. Especially his interactions with GC, very telling in a positive way.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that he declined an extension last year so this season was always going to be his last