• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
ffs if he was born as late as George Ray's challenge yesterday we might have made a bit of money out of him!
Only if we'd offered him a contract.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only if we'd offered him a contract.
Again, it's about what the player wants also. I refer you back to my previous post

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Again, it's about what the player wants also. I refer you back to my previous post
You're getting the wrong end of the stick. I was merely pointing out that IF Kite was the right side of the cut off, we'd only be due compensation IF we also offered a contract, which I don't think we have?

Beexfor

I would be surprised if we have not offered him something - he is a useful squad player - probably turned it down as thinks he will get more elsewhere and feel he is more than just a squad player (rightly or wrongly) at this level.

Grecianpasty

I don't see him staying in the division with Rovers, but neither do I see him going to Yeovil

There will be 24 League 2 clubs out there and he's defintely of that level - can't see him bothering with Yeovil just because they're "local"

Newport, perhaps - or Swindon

Or perhaps a London club if he fancies that
Depends on if he wants to move away from home or not. Swindon or Newport is a good shout.

denzil

Thanks Harry (Kite) -whatever you'll always e one of our own. Good luck wherever you go. The only thing I'd mention is that the grass can always be another shade of green - e.g. Jevani Brown and Sam Nombe.

I feel a bit sorry for Harry, if we were still plodding along in L2 i reckon he would have spent his whole career with us. It will be interesting to see who he signs for, definitely good enough to be a regular starter in L2.

andrew p long

I would be surprised if we have not offered him something - he is a useful squad player - probably turned it down as thinks he will get more elsewhere and feel he is more than just a squad player (rightly or wrongly) at this level.
Harry hasn't started a league game this year. Its plain he's so far down the pecking order he wouldn't get much game time at all at ECFC.

Part of this is due to the fact that Harry isn't the type of midfield player best suited to GC's way of playing.

If we'd sacked GC and were going down this season Harry would be an important part of next season's squad. As it is a fresh start is in everyone's interest.

Spoonz Red E

Harry hasn't started a league game this year. Its plain he's so far down the pecking order he wouldn't get much game time at all at ECFC.

Part of this is due to the fact that Harry isn't the type of midfield player best suited to GC's way of playing.

If we'd sacked GC and were going down this season Harry would be an important part of next season's squad. As it is a fresh start is in everyone's interest.
I remember Gary playing him last year and saying something to the effect of 'he's best when the game is in front of him'.
As you say I don't think that's the right skill set for the type of play - possession, be prepared to take risks, win the ball back quickly when out of possession' - that we have been developing.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I remember Gary playing him last year and saying something to the effect of 'he's best when the game is in front of him'.
As you say I don't think that's the right skill set for the type of play - possession, be prepared to take risks, win the ball back quickly when out of possession' - that we have been developing.
I remember this and with the way that GC likes to play I would tend to agree with this. I think that GC initially liked Kite and was actually trying to find a position/role that would suit Kite within the style that GC was looking to play.

I know it didn't necessarily work and understand why so many were critical of it, but I do understand why GC was trying Kite at RB/RWB who could then invert into midfield as well. When this was being tried I likened the idea to basically what happened to Joe Edwards at Plymouth, whereby he signed there as a CM and was then turned into a very good RB/RWB. I think this was GC's similar thought process with what he tried with Kite.

Like I said it didn't really work, but it wasn't as ludicrous as many some where making out initially.